Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Re: Did anyone just pick a brand and "go with it?"

Does anyone know of a trial that has the softbums in them???

Advertisement

theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
kameroosky
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought like 20+ different brands. I didn't try BGE until the end because the price but those are the ones I stuck with. It was an expensive trial run
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess
Registered Users
seller

I did! We had friends that recommended BumGenius to us. That was the only brand we looked at. Bought 18 of them right before she was born and away we went!

With that said, I sold them around 6-7 months because her thighs outgrew them. She's now in FuzziBunz size Large. Been using them for 3-4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I chose the brand Bumgenius, but bought a little of everything they had to try. BG AIOs, pockets, Flips, and BGE. This is still 99% of our stash. I like variety, but not brand variety because BG is just what works for my son. I have added some RAR and Thirsties pockets, but that's about it.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sort of did that. I had bought a few different kinds to try and I thought Fuzzibunz were the ones for us and I got in on the B5G1 deal that was going on. They worked great for awhile, and then we started having constant leaks and couldn't get a good fit. I'm now selling those and stocking up on BG 4.0's as I love them. But I still use Blueberry and GoGreen as well (and have a Kawaii that works too). Plus, I'm always wanting to try new things. I say you try a few different kinds....maybe jumping in and learning to love something would work, but I'm glad I've tried different kinds and have found what works best for us.
lauren_brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

I was completely clueless when I first got interested in cloth. No one I know has ever used them. So I did a ton of research, then I started buying. I bought a bunch of different types and brands. Because I bought them used, I was later able to sell what didn't work for us, without losing a ton of money. After using them, I ended up liking the small Fuzzi Bunz for DS 1, so that is almost all we used. After he outgrew the smalls, the mediums did not work at all, so I did more research and ended up with Bottom Bumpers. Those are amazing. If I had known about them earlier, I would have gone with those from the beginning. That is now all we have - mediums for the little guy, and larges for the rare times I put a diaper on my potty training toddler. I just don't think there will ever be one single diaper that will work for every single baby. I've heard lots of good things about Softbums, but my advice that I give every newbie that asks is DON'T go out and buy a whole ton of one kind of diaper. If it ends up not working for you, then you will be out a lot of money. You can sell them, but you won't get it all back. Buy a few -- if you need to, go with sposies for a few days. Or get some prefolds to keep on hand just in case. You can always buy more later.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
MamaFaith
Registered Users

I'm in that mode now, too... I'm due in December and I started stocking up on BumGenius AIOs, but knowing they won't fit a newborn has inspired me to look into prefolds and covers...which is taking me to a whole bunch of other brands that I want to try.
MamaFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #18
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i did and i still do jump right into a brand. i started with gdiapers and bought a whole bunch and then moved to bg's shortly after that. i have tried a ton of different things since then, but we have actually landed on softbums omni's now. i almost always buy at least 6 of something that i want to try. it is a costly mistake sometimes, so it is wise to try a few and see if you like them. i'm sure there are some diaper trials that include softbums.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
CuriousElephant
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes. Now, I did have to change my system in the middle because the largest size stopped fitting my LO pretty early on. However, I just switched to something relatively inexpensive that would fit my LO and it's been fine since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dele33 View Post
<snipped>will always be a "new improved" product out there and it's way too easy to drive yourself crazy looking for the holy grail of diapers.
This is how I feel about it, too. I could try everything and probably find something I love, but the money isn't worth it to me. My babies are pooping, not making gold.
CuriousElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #20
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The very first diaper I bought was a coconut Softbums echo. I bought 1 (we were using sposies). I let her take it for a "test drive", a couple times. Then I built my stash based around them. Over a year later, I still love them, and am completely lucky that they were my first. The PUL is nice and stretchy, they fit my dd well, don't leak (when paired with a trifolded microfiber hand towel). I really love the Omni and want to get more of them when they come out with more prints. If they work well on a newborn (whenever that may be), then I doubt I'll switch to another brand. I bought a couple other brands, and been unhappy. I'm sticking with what works.