Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does your baby/toddler wear Miraflex glasses?

I'm going to buy this style for our 20 mo old DD and eed help on color choice. It looks like I only have one shape of frame to choose from based on her age/size (oval) --- I could totally be wrong. I just can't decide on a color. I kind of want to get some sort of pink, but the nerdy part of me wonders how that shade of pink will look with all her outfits and whether or not it will clash. Maybe that's not even a big deal. This whole 'glasses on babies' thing is new to me. Any advice would be great :-). Otherwise, if you just want to help me shop for colors, here's the link :-D...

http://miraflex.info/galleryOval.htm

At the bottom of the page, it says "click here to see oval frames in _____ color"

and here's a color swatch...

http://miraflex.info/catalog/basic/SwatchLabeled.jpg

Advertisement

Last edited by mommygraham; 08-02-2011 at 06:50 PM.
mommygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your baby/toddler wear Miraflex glasses?

Ok, now that I looked closer, I think I can get whatever shape I want. Now I don't know! How do I know if my baby will look better in round, oval, or rectangular?? Grr...Wish I weren't so pregnant and indecisive.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
pcjs
Registered Users

You have to try them on - I'd prefer rectangle. There are some stores that specialize in kids glasses. The woman we go to who just opened up her own shop has just as many kids as adults (I had to try them on my son and some were so cute). I like the solid pink.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

So cute! I personally like the oval or rectangle... Maybe try going to a lenscrafters/sears etc and just trying regulars frames on her so you can see the size. That way you have a better idea of what works best with her face. I think the pink are cute. Looking at the color swatches I would probably end up buying the "EP" or "E" color for my little girl... I don't know why but I love those pretty blues!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There's only one place in town here that sells them. I'm going to call them when their office opens to see which shapes they have to try on. I'm kind of leaning toward pink too, but am I silly to worry about the frames matching her other clothes? I really like the dark pink, but she has all sorts of different shades of pink in her wardrobe.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #6
LindyLouWho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the pink, too.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Two of my nieces have them as does one of my nephew's. They all have oval ones. As far as colors, they have purple (the girls) and whether or not they are wearing purple it still looks cute. I wouldn't worry too much about matching to everything.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

My dd wore miraflex as a baby and we got pink, they don't clash with clothes because they are girly glasses and they are super cute regardless of what outfit the child is wearing.
I hope the place you go to have the different frames so you can see which look best on your lo. Goodluck.

Last edited by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox; 08-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did end up going to the other office to try them on DD. So glad I did! I decided on the rectangle and just need to decide which color. I'm thinking one of the shades of pink. I actually ended up getting my clinic to order them though. Yay! Now I only have one place to stop and take care of all adjustments and everything. Another question...some ppl have mentioned being able to keep the same pair of frames for even a couple years and just replacing the lenses as need be. Anyone know what it costs to just replace the lenses?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
My dd wore miraflex as a baby and we got pink, they don't clash with clothes because they are girly glasses and they are super cute regardless of what outfit the child is wearing.
I hope the place you go to have the different frames so you can see which look best on your lo. Goodluck.
I was able to get my eye clinic to order them! I'm so excited! I've decided on rectangle shape and pretty sure on size (though the samples are being sent right now so I'll get another chance to try them on). I'm pretty sure I'll get pink, but I can't decide on a shade. You said pink didn't seem to clash w/ anything? Did you get the really dark burgandy, light pink, or bright pink? Any pics?