Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dear Simplex, I know it was only the first date....

but I think I'm in

Recently we discovered dd is allergic to suedecloth & fleece lined diapers too. Looking for a new all natural dipe, I ordered 3 new Swaddlebees Simplex. I have to say when they got here I opened them and thought "wow, this is what the fuss is about?" They seemed a little thin to me, and my pf's appear thicker than the birdseye lining in these diapers. Once I prepped them although they puffed up a bit, they still seemed thin to me. However, once I put them on dd holy trim I tell ya! It's only been a day of use but so far they absorb well, no leaks and I even like the side snaps. Reminds me a lot of the GroVia AIO's but I love the prints SB's offers. The only negative? They are sized (so they fit super well), but at some point we'll need Larges. Considering dd is 1yr and only 18lbs, I think I may have a while.

For those mamas interested, I'll keep you updated on our second date

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dear Simplex, I know it was only the first date....

Do you have pics?? I am interested in finding out more about these diapers.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
cemetree
Registered Users
seller

they actually wear A LOT better than the grovia. i loved my grovia aio's but used them lightly and in a few months they started getting a couple little holes near where they were sewn. the simplex ones however that i have used heavily show no signs of wear and no holes at all!!!
cemetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* View Post
Do you have pics?? I am interested in finding out more about these diapers.
Not yet, but I can tomorrow, once they are dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetree View Post
they actually wear A LOT better than the grovia. i loved my grovia aio's but used them lightly and in a few months they started getting a couple little holes near where they were sewn. the simplex ones however that i have used heavily show no signs of wear and no holes at all!!!
Good to know! I had part of the last batch of GroVia with bad elastic, so not only did I have to de-stash all my pockets, but my AIO's are out of commission as well, leaving me with less options than I would like. I have two more simplex coming as a trade, then I'll have 5 total. If they are this wonderful I guess that explains why my ISO wasn't answered for so long?

Last edited by jacksmimi; 08-02-2011 at 08:30 PM.
jacksmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Are the stretchy wings on these new ones a similar matetial as the grovia? And is the leg elastic gentle. I think I need to try them. W
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

What size Simplex are you using?? My daughter is 21/22 lbs. and tall and thin. I am using GroVia AIOs right now, but would love something different to try!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
Are the stretchy wings on these new ones a similar matetial as the grovia? And is the leg elastic gentle. I think I need to try them. W
The new version wasn't an option when I bought my 3 last week. But I thought they were supposed to be avail this week? I am assuming the tabs will give babies a bit more leeway before sizing changes. I intend to order them this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* View Post
What size Simplex are you using?? My daughter is 21/22 lbs. and tall and thin. I am using GroVia AIOs right now, but would love something different to try!
I am using the medium dipes and have it snapped to the middle row (which leaves me one more snap setting. The definitely do not run large. I really like them so far.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wondered what the fuss was as well so I bought 3. I still sadly only have 3 but I forgot that was the dipe dh put on Tan before he left for work so he went all night in a simplex. No leaks. Not my ideal dipe but I couldn't believe it when he woke up. He sleeps on only a dipe and a shirt and I was searching all over my bed trying to find the wet and smelly spot. Nothing.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE these too! I just got some of the 2.0/stretchy tabs ones in the mail yesterday and they are awesome! LOVE the new tabs! My dd is 22-23 pounds and fits in the medium perfectly (the new ones have 4 snap settings and she was only on the second to tightest, so plenty of growning room)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #10
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would like to know the dif between the 1.0 and the 2.0 besides the stretchy tabs.

We outgrew the smalls, but the Med were too big and leaked. I sold them...and I miss them!

DD has grown so much that I might try them again. Anyone know if the sizing runs the same?

Also...does anyone know if they will eventually do the solid colors? I asked on FB and never got an answer.