Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
help me excited for bfing again!

ugh! i bf'd dd2 for two years . id just quit when i got pg and i was JUST getting my body back. honestly, i do not like bfing. i have no idea how i made it two years- i think i just would have felt too guilty if i quit. i'm having a really hard time getting mentally prepared for bfing again. a lot of this stems from serious body image issues that i just have not been able to work through. my boobs get HUGE while bfing. anyone else having a similar problem? any words of encouragement? i can't stop thinking about it.

Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
pix1114
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me excited for bfing again!

Two years is an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!

I think breastfeeding is a beautiful act, no matter how your body looks. Remember, you only get one chance to give your baby this special gift. Plus it keeps AF away. Plus, think of the money you will save from not having to buy formula.

I know BFing is tough sometimes. It took us the first two months to get the hang of it and had to supplement with formula a little bit. He wanted to nurse for hours on end those first few months and never seemed to get enough. I didn't want to give up because I wanted to prove that I could do it. A year later we are still going strong! He is down to two times a day now and I kind of miss it.

My FSOT: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1469003
pix1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i felt the same way when i got pg with #3. dd weaned when i was about 10 weeks pg...she was 20 months old. i had to wean her because i knew if i didn't, i'd never nurse the new baby. the whole pregnancy i dreaded it, but kept telling myself that he deserves that special time just as much as his sister did, and i needed to suck it up and be fair!! and then he was born and all those thoughts vanished, and i can't believe i ever thought about not doing it. just keep an open mind and hopefully you will feel better about it once baby arrives!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
bootiecutie
Registered Users

I'm right with you. bf'ed dd until she was 2.5 and I suddenly couldn't stand it anymore. I would involuntarily yank my boob out of her mouth and I still cannot stand the feeling of anyone touching my boobs (not that anyone does it other than dh and sometimes dd). I'm hoping the feeling changes when baby comes!
S, hippy-elitist-turned-semi-redneck mama to DD, 3, expecting #2 10/14/11
bootiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just remembered I put this thread up! I think you guys are right. Once I start bfing this little one, I won't be able to bring myself to stop. So I just need to suck it up until the baby is born and then hopefully everything will be ok.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
poppan
Registered Users
seller

I felt the same way during the pregnancy. I nursed my twins until they were 2.5 years old. By the end I really hated it.

I sucked it up and decided to nurse this one too. It didn't feel fair not to and I know it's better for him etc. It's been fine and I didn't have the same feelings of hating nursing that I had at towards the end of my previous nursing "career". I am enjoying it now (YDS is 6 months) and it sure is convenient and cheaper than formula.