Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme
Just wondering why you refuse to use LATCH?
I think she said she won't use LATCH with the Radian. They've had a problem for months now with the belt being easily loosened by a toddler's foot while RFing. That's probably why.

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you got in a bind financially would you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
sure....if I had 10 seats for one child? nak

I've got 2 kids, and 2 seats....lol
As I've said I was in the middle of buying new seats so I could RF DD longer than the 35lb seats we had. I haven't completely made this transition as I said 2 of the radians aren't installed and I just bought them like 3 weeks ago then did a trade for different covers. The heat index is 110 recently and I am not about to try to install seats in this heat. My question basically boils down to would you FF a 2.5 year old with my DDs stats in order to make some $ off the seats not why do i have so many seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
Just wondering why you refuse to use LATCH?
This is why
Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #13
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
I think she said she won't use LATCH with the Radian. They've had a problem for months now with the belt being easily loosened by a toddler's foot while RFing. That's probably why.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #14
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
ETA: I currently have the EFTA in my car because I cannot get a good seat belt install with my radian and I refuse to use LATCH. So it might make more sense to keep the MR and switch it between my car and the exes and FF her in the other cars.

Sent from my iPhone...excuse any autocorrect mishaps!
I'd probably keep the MR and one radian (if you get a good SB install in the other cars with it, and on the off-chance that SKJP actually comes through with a SL solution) and then sell the other 3 radians and the extra cover and use the others as back-up/your other caregivers' cars. Personally, I'd be more likely to install the carseat from my car into an occasional caregiver's car to allow my DD (also 2.5, but smaller than yours) to continue to RF; but if it's a situation where I'd be re-installing daily/multiple times a week, then I probably re-think that. I'm sorry you're in this quandary; it's a tough situation.

Oh, and I completely understand having a bunch o' seats. We have 3 children and 3 XTSLs, Britax Frontier85 and Boulevard, 2 CCOs (one on loan to friends), an infant bucket (on loan to friends), 2 FPSV, and an Evenflo something-or-other sitting in the garage waiting on the BRU trade-in event; um, 11 carseats for 3 kids. We did have one carseat each in the grandmothers' cars, and our XTSLs don't install well FFing in our new-to-us car (hence, the Frontier). My front closet is a bit overrun with carseats at present.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #15
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
I'd probably keep the MR and one radian (if you get a good SB install in the other cars with it, and on the off-chance that SKJP actually comes through with a SL solution) and then sell the other 3 radians and the extra cover and use the others as back-up/your other caregivers' cars. Personally, I'd be more likely to install the carseat from my car into an occasional caregiver's car to allow my DD (also 2.5, but smaller than yours) to continue to RF; but if it's a situation where I'd be re-installing daily/multiple times a week, then I probably re-think that. I'm sorry you're in this quandary; it's a tough situation.

Oh, and I completely understand having a bunch o' seats. We have 3 children and 3 XTSLs, Britax Frontier85 and Boulevard, 2 CCOs (one on loan to friends), an infant bucket (on loan to friends), 2 FPSV, and an Evenflo something-or-other sitting in the garage waiting on the BRU trade-in event; um, 11 carseats for 3 kids. We did have one carseat each in the grandmothers' cars, and our XTSLs don't install well FFing in our new-to-us car (hence, the Frontier). My front closet is a bit overrun with carseats at present.
I'm glad someone understands It's all in the name of safety!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not sure how big your financial bind is, but honestly any amount of carseats won't do you any good if you're homeless. So yes, I say sell sell sell! DH and I have been in this position a few times. We drop the fun stuff first... eating out, cable, extra cell phone minutes/data plans, consolidate trips into town, make dinners that are cheap and have lots of leftovers (spaghetti, chicken noodle soup, etc) and then list anything we can sell and don't need on craigslist, ebay or fsot. It's not fun, but we do what we have to do to avoid using credit cards or borrowing. I figure I can always buy the stuff again someday if I miss it too much.

Do you have a seat that you can easily move from car to car using latch? That's the one I would keep.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would keep one car seat for the car she is in MOST and one easily installed seat to move between the other cars. Also, if she is rf in the car she uses most and ff in the others maybe that would make the best cost saving solution? Not perfect but if you aren't getting a good fit with the radian then no point in keeping the darn thing. Sell on car-seat.org or here or on eBay. They sound new. You might get what you paid or close to it.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 4 seats for my 1 DD too, so don't feel bad. In your shoes, I would start by listing the RNs one at a time (to not flood the market) and be patient to get the best price. Honestly, if things get tight enough you only *need* one seat, so keep the one you feel most comfortable installing and using in all the cars your LO rides in. I doubt you would get much at all for the Sceneras and Avenues, but every $20 bill helps when it comes down to it.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I don't know if you have any local forums, or mother's groups, meetup things, or even area mommy groups on Yahoo (if people still do that), you could let them know that you have top notch seats for sale. To get the word out about them. Maybe a moms group will have a better chance of someone knowing why a Radian is valuable?

ETA or your local area's thread here in the regional sub forum.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Radians are not that expensive to ship if you can find a box for them- since they fold up and everything. If you send it parcel post in the US it shouldn't be more than $25-35 depending on how far away it's going.

Anyways I have a TON of seats too lol...I don't think it's weird! In fact I just sold two seats and I still have more than I can use at one time in both of our cars
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote