Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Breast milk bottle?

neither of my kids have cared I just use whatever. As far as switching back and forth, I think when you introduce has more to do with it than what you introduce. Give a 4m old a bottle, and he's not going to forget how to work a boob. Give a 4 week old a bottle too frequently, he may struggle a little.

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
heatherz1982
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use the MAM anti-colic bottles and have no trouble switching back and forth. DS is now 10wks and I introduced the bottle at 4 weeks I think. Its good so he will be okay with taking a bottle when I go back to work and have to be away from him. But yeah I still try not to give him too many bottles especially not at first.
heatherz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
AlliDee
Registered Users
seller

Ugh, we are in the midst of trying to get our three month old twins to take bottles again. I stopped giving them any bottles about a month ago and EBF, and now they refuse any type of bottles! At first they didn't care what kind. We started with Medela and they worked out well bc I could pump right into the bottles and feed them. Someone told me to try Nuk or Playtex, but those haven't worked. I'll try Tommee Tippee next I guess. Good luck!
AlliDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
geekmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm really liking Breastflow right now, so is DD (4 weeks, been using them since the beginning).
Old 08-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #15
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the mention of the Tommee Tippees. I've been debating over which brand to get and hadn't even thought of them. We used Breastflow the first time, but I didn't like how often the nipple collapsed and they were fairly messy to clean up.

,Kate
SAHM to Alexander (almost 3) and expecting #2 in Sept.
keowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
JNLCsMom
Registered Users
seller

Both of my children took to Advent bottles but that was the only brand we tried. Both of them were EBF for the first 6 weeks. It took my DS a few days to really take it but it worked out fine. I was able to BF for 13 months with my DS and 12 with my DD and we never had any problems.
JNLCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
tiffanyghegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS only took avent bottles but my daughter only took adiri bottles.....DD was really hard to get to take Breastmilk out of a bottle....but after a month or two of trying different bottles the Adiri finally worked....I couldn't believe how much it looked and felt like a breast......my doctor was mesmorized by it!
tiffanyghegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
UFshutterbabe
Registered Users
seller

The playtex naturalatch has worked for us for the couple of times we gave a bottle. We aren't doing much back-and-forth though so I don't know that there would have been nipple confusion with any bottle.
UFshutterbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #19
alliander
Registered Users
seller

I'm using Dr. Browns, my lactation consultant recommended them to me, because they flow really slow so LO has to work like if on the breast.
alliander is offline   Reply With Quote