Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Allens Naturally Detergent Reviews

I am still in search of a good detergent.. I've tried Purex F & C, RnG, and Dropps so far. We got major stinkies with Purex and with RnG we've just started getting stinkies again after a month of use. Only used Dropps 3 times now, but they smell super strong like the detergent, even after 2 rinses. (I have a frontloader HE machine, hard water with a water softener.)

Allens Naturally is recommended by the diaper companies, but do mamas recommend it? How well does it keep the stinkies away? How much do you use? What kind of machine and water do you have? Please include any and all information you think will be helpful. Thx.

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
seton
Registered Users
seller

It worked ok in my top loader but not great. It's flat out disgusting in my he fl'er!! I have moderately hard water.
seton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Allens Naturally Detergent Reviews

I got a big box of it when I first started using CD. I don't really use it much b/c I have been happy with Tide. I used it a few times at my parents and ILs house b/c they have HE washers. I noticed that after using it several times I would get stinkies - I'm not sure if it was the detergent or the different washers.

I haven't really tried it at home much, but I don't trust it like my Tide

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
eileenchew
Registered Users
seller

We got stinkies with allen's naturally powdered detergent after a few months of use with our top loader...;( apparently this is a common issue with this detergent? Or at least so I was told! My diapers came out of the dryer smelling funky! Tried planet ultra, got issues with detergent buildup, guess it wasn't washing out completely despite multiple cycles. This time they came out smelling clean, but super strong ammonia smell after bb pees on it. Now on to country save. Been using it for about a month, so far so good!
eileenchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it would work well with a fl'er. I used it for awhile and it was okay (I have a HE Tl'er) but I found that I had to rinse A TON to get rid of stinkies. I eventually switched to Rng because I've found it to be cleaner rinsing.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We used Allens liquid when I first started cd'ing. We have a top loader, with moderately hard water. It worked fine for us. We now use Crunchy Clean, and I love it. The only one I have used that I didn't like was Rockin Green.