Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
momtothebrothersOZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Turning my toddler back to RF

I have a very small (23lbs) 2 year old, and his stepfather and I keep him RFing in our vehicles. However, at his father's house they put his seat forward facing. Now my son is resistant to getting in his car seat in our cars because he wants us to turn him around so he can see. I'm super frustrated because we're very active and on the go and it's a battle every time I have to put him in the car. I really don't want to turn him around, but I'm wasting my breath trying to convince his father he needs to be rear-facing because he "doesn't want to fight with him" and he thinks because it's legal for him to be FF, it's safe. Any ideas?

Advertisement

momtothebrothersOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Turning my toddler back to RF

If convincing bio-dad is a lost cause then I would make sure that headrests are removed if possible to give him as unobstructed of a view as possible out the back and side windows. What vehicles does he ride in and in what seating positions?
Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
momtothebrothersOZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's RF in my '99 volvo s70 and RF in stepfather's '08 Subaru Outback. FF in bio-dad's 2011 Altima and GP's 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. He's only with his father Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning
Domestically challenged SAHM to my preemie Goobah (6/2/09) and perfectly "Average" Boba-Lou (12/18/10). One and only to my co-parent, Mike Crazy crunchy, CDing, EBFing, ERFing, Non-circing, Delayed Vaxing, co-sleeping, toddler-wearing, monster hunting, non-traditional family
momtothebrothersOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just do your best to give him the best view possible. I'm not convinced that FF children can really see all that much unless they are in a tall seat and can see out the side windows. Kids aren't tall enough to see much out the front. DS has a much better view in both our vehicles RF than he would FF. All you can do is be consistent with how he rides with you guys and explain to him the best you can that this is how it's going to be. As he gets older, he may start asking bio-dad to turn him back around .