Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you buy girl's shoes for your boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
I would & have. My son knows he's a boy. Last time he checked, he still had a little wormy down there. Shoes are shoes, nothing more. Drives me crazy when people decide they do imply something else. I wore plenty of boy stuff in the day, and I'm straight. I think there's a double standard for boys & girls stuff. Girls can wear boy shoes and nobody says a word. A boy wears Dora shoes and suddenly he's gay at age 2!

What??!!!
I wore a lot of boys clothes (wanted to be like my older bro), and I'm strait. My little bro was never interested in girl's things (dolls, clothes), but he's gay. Goes to show it REALLY doesn't matter, and even if it did, what difference does it make?

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep I absolutely would. My DS has an older sis that he looks up to, so he wants to wear pink sparkly stuff a lot. Just yesterday he was a ballerina and a cheerleader.
Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
jenmomtomatt
Registered Users
seller

I was confronted with this last year with DS who was 3 1/2 and really wanted Minnie Mouse socks. Wouldnt ya know the only Minnie socks are pink or purple ones! Go figure. So he picked out a Mickey pair and a Minnie pair and he loves them.

Jen --- Wife to Jeff --- Mom to Matthew (10/17/06) and Silas (10/19/11)
jenmomtomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my almost 4 year old loves "pink" anything he will fight his sisters for it he has pink Dora pajama's , hot pink flip flops, pink and purple shirts, he plays with dolls, barbies, dress up hair in barettes, but then he will work on cars with dad and loves all tools, climbs everything, loves dirt . He's just experiencing the full benefits of being a kid
Old 08-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think telling a little boy what colors he can like/wear is pretty mean.
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
OMG! These are perfect! and cheap Where can I get more info about the coop?
I will PM you the info..not sure I can post it in a thread.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I dont think it is mean to tell your son he cant wear mary janes with sequins. Now from a different perspective if I knew the child was transgendered it would not bother me. And yes kids can be transgendered. I dont think putting my son in a tutu and pretty shoes will make him gay. He will be gay no matter what we do. People are born gay, not made gay. Just like sometimes I have to say no to certain clothing items because they are too short or revealing, or have characters we dont like, sometimes certain cothing items in the boys section that my DD wants are just not going to happen. Being gay and transgendered are completely different things. You can make someone either of them.

Is it going to hurt him to wear girls shoes, no. Just a preference really. Again, if the childs gender was in question then I would not have a problem with it.

We think my 5 year old dd is transgendered, she only dresses like a boy, wears boys unders and has a buzz cut. Today she wants to be called Ozzy. And we let her wear what she wants as long as it follows our rules of dress. I wouldnt buy her anything with guns or violence on it etc. My son is not transgendered or interested in girls shoes and clothes, so therefore I have no reason to buy them for him. i am not purposely going to go buy him a princess dress. I just dont see the point.

I also dont put up with kids crying for anything at the store, so if a stink was raised over any pair of shoes, or clothes or toys, i would have walked out with nothing.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually don't have a problem with crossing traditional gender lines, but I don't know if I could buy my son pink sparkly shoes. Maybe because he's such a boys boy, I just can't conceptualize it???

DD2 wore boy underwear for the longest time because she really wanted Thomas & Handy Manny underwear, I didn't have any issue with that.

I've painted DS's nails lots of times because his sisters are getting theirs done, it doesn't bother me. I just don't know about the shoes.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree that I have no problem with it but I just don't know if I could buy my son pink sequin shoes!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #20
AndeeL
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
I dont think it is mean to tell your son he cant wear mary janes with sequins. Now from a different perspective if I knew the child was transgendered it would not bother me. And yes kids can be transgendered. I dont think putting my son in a tutu and pretty shoes will make him gay. He will be gay no matter what we do. People are born gay, not made gay. Just like sometimes I have to say no to certain clothing items because they are too short or revealing, or have characters we dont like, sometimes certain cothing items in the boys section that my DD wants are just not going to happen. Being gay and transgendered are completely different things. You can make someone either of them.

Is it going to hurt him to wear girls shoes, no. Just a preference really. Again, if the childs gender was in question then I would not have a problem with it.

We think my 5 year old dd is transgendered, she only dresses like a boy, wears boys unders and has a buzz cut. Today she wants to be called Ozzy. And we let her wear what she wants as long as it follows our rules of dress. I wouldnt buy her anything with guns or violence on it etc. My son is not transgendered or interested in girls shoes and clothes, so therefore I have no reason to buy them for him. i am not purposely going to go buy him a princess dress. I just dont see the point.

I also dont put up with kids crying for anything at the store, so if a stink was raised over any pair of shoes, or clothes or toys, i would have walked out with nothing.
"Ozzy" made me smile. Too cute!

I hate how our society thinks boys+pink= gay. boys used to wear dresses and no one thought "zomg he's GAY".
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote