Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: QUICK! I need a baby shower gift idea for a mom with everything.UPDATE orig. post

Those nursing pads are BEAUTIFUL! I would have LOVED to get those as a gift, and I was only able to nurse for about 2 months for different reasons. Even with my short stint nursing, that gift would have said to me, "You are beautiful and deserve to meet your needs with beautiful things." You should sell those, Momma! (Maybe you already do!) I'd buy them next time around!

Advertisement

KiteGirl: Mother of one boy, Cy Wife and Partner to John, educator, and perpetual student. I'm into cloth diapering (although Cy is a potty-using boy now!), babywearing, crib sleeping, vaccinating and circumcising, and am happy to support you in what you believe, as well.
KiteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

Re: QUICK! I need a baby shower gift idea for a mom with everything.UPDATE orig. post

Those are beautiful, OP! This makes me wish I'd taken my stepmom up on her offer for a second babyshower...not that I expect I would've gotten something so lovely!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery View Post
Great idea! This would be the perfect gift for all of the mommies in my playgroup who are having their second babies. Which tutorial did you use to make them? Have you ever done contoured ones?
No tutorial. I simply traced a glass and used one layer pul, 3 middle layers of flannel and one pretty outer layer of flannel. When I made myself some about a year ago I did the same thing, but played with layers. I found 4 total layers of flannel were still trim enough but bulletproof against leaks! I used cute cotton outer too instead of all flannel with mine, both worked the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteGirl View Post
Those nursing pads are BEAUTIFUL! I would have LOVED to get those as a gift, and I was only able to nurse for about 2 months for different reasons. Even with my short stint nursing, that gift would have said to me, "You are beautiful and deserve to meet your needs with beautiful things." You should sell those, Momma! (Maybe you already do!) I'd buy them next time around!
Thanks! If I could make them perfect enough to sell and had a serger, I may do that! But if you looked close, they are not perfect and I have to use a zigzag stitch on the edges. I will make them for friends from now on though, and if someone asked and were expecting functional, but not perfect!