Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
pcjs
Registered Users

Any new toddler seats coming?

Not like we don't have enough seats but I want to put one in my dad's car for emergency's but he can't seem to figure out how to use ours. The puzzle part at the clip confuses him and some are hard to tug at so he can't get it tight. I also need one with a molded base for his Infiniti (not sure which one as I just don't care) as the flat base doesn't work well (i.e. Evenflo triumph). He has trouble with my Corroco and my son will be out of it in a few months, I think - he has a few inches with his head. We obviously only want to RF and he's gaining weight quicker now (huge growth spurt) so the bigger weight the better (few pounds which is huge for him in months).

I was looking at the Maxi Cosi and it looked nice. Any others?

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any new toddler seats coming?

For ease of use I would go with a Britax, or depending on how much weight he's gaining, a true fit. My parents have an easy time with the Britax seats, and I've never found a vehicle where they're a difficult install.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I'm interested to see the Pria70 in person but I thought it would be a lot narrower than it is...
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

I am so not a Britax fan so that's out for us - they make me mad that they have such better stuff in Sweden and Europe and will not bring the technology here (but we'll look at all of them).

Online the Pria looks nice. It says it will RF longer but it looks like some company's are coming out with new seats for the fall. No one sits in the backseat except on a rare occasion so I'm not too worried.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are looking for a FF seat, I will say our ProSport pulls tight a lot easier than our Britax ever did and is as easy to install. I don't know if the ProRide is as easy, because we've never used one, but the one we have is great!
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
pcjs
Registered Users

We are just hitting 2 in a month, so I want to keep him RF for at least another year if not more. At some point we will need a new FF for my husband's Mustang but I'm thinking about the new Graco booster depending on reviews as its not one will use a lot (every few months) as we FF in the Mustang as we have no other option. My husband can use a seat properly so I can get what ever I want but he prefers cool looking.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know you're not a big Britax fan, but for ease of use they're hard to beat.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
Old 08-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I'm interested to see the Pria70 in person but I thought it would be a lot narrower than it is...
They look like a MR and a CA had a baby to me... I'm just soooo not a Dorel fan, I just have trouble trusting them.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
OT, but now that you have changed your avi's on both sites I now know who you are

And OP, if you are mad about Britax's Euro seats, add Graco to your list! They have amazing seats there and not much here!

Skip the Priori, for sure. The new Maxi-Cosi seat looks great but of course I haven't seen it in person.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I find the Dorel seats really hard to install. I like my Britax and Recaro, the Radian is great in certain situations/installs.

Now I am lusting after a Coccoro for when the new baby outgrows her Aton
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote