Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Any new toddler seats coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
OT, but now that you have changed your avi's on both sites I now know who you are

And OP, if you are mad about Britax's Euro seats, add Graco to your list! They have amazing seats there and not much here!

Skip the Priori, for sure. The new Maxi-Cosi seat looks great but of course I haven't seen it in person.
Hehe! Couldn't help it, I love looking at my seats and was long overdue for a new one!

Advertisement

USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
OT, but now that you have changed your avi's on both sites I now know who you are

And OP, if you are mad about Britax's Euro seats, add Graco to your list! They have amazing seats there and not much here!

Skip the Priori, for sure. The new Maxi-Cosi seat looks great but of course I haven't seen it in person.
Technically all the brands including Maxi-Cosi and Graco are different and in some ways "better." I so love the isofix. At least Graco goes partly but another name or that's what it claims on my Duologic.

The Priori looks really small - at that point I'd probably get one if I went that route and imported it. We are going through a huge growth spurt so smaller will no longer work. I think we're going to have to replace the Corroco's far early than I originally thought. I'd consider importing but I don't' think the seat will be used much so at this point its not worth it although my dad will buy what ever I want as long as we can figure out a way for him to use it. Both parents support us RF/no issues.

Is Britax the "easiest" in terms of the clips/unloosening, etc. Maybe I'll have to cave in and look at them and see what my son thinks as he has strong opinions. I'm hoping he'll keep showing Grandpa how to do it as he kept pointing to the clips.

I'm going to end up competing with you all on the most number of seats for one child soon enough.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I find the Dorel seats really hard to install. I like my Britax and Recaro, the Radian is great in certain situations/installs.

Now I am lusting after a Coccoro for when the new baby outgrows her Aton
Skip the Corroco - I am not a fan at all of ours. We have two and they are hard to install depending on the car. I hope the new ones have better changes. We use ours as a spare and in my mom's car. Its cute and compact but I think my son is far more comfortable in his Evenflo or our Duologic but he goes in it happily as he loves to go out. The thing I like about it is traveling. Its great for the airplane and to carry around.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

The only reason I want a CCO is because I have very little room in my backseat! I can't use a Radian RFing because it over reclines and braces against the front seats, so this is the next best option until we're able to get a van.

I heard you can get a RFing tether kit from Combi as well as some kind of rubber thing for the bottom of it They will also send you a foam thing for free to help with the install.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Let me know when you decide to get rid of the ones you have
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry...changing my post as I didn't read OP clearly enough.

I'd get a Britax too. They are the easiest to install and use correctly.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 08-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #17
an_aurora
Registered Users

I love love love my Coccoro. The only thing I don't like is that the covers stain and snag SO easily. But I'm sweating my DS outgrowing it, as the only thing else that would fit RF is the Radian and I hate it RF. He's got at least another 1.5-2 years left so hopefully there is something cool out by the time he outgrows it and/or we get a new car.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
The only reason I want a CCO is because I have very little room in my backseat! I can't use a Radian RFing because it over reclines and braces against the front seats, so this is the next best option until we're able to get a van.

I heard you can get a RFing tether kit from Combi as well as some kind of rubber thing for the bottom of it They will also send you a foam thing for free to help with the install.
The foam thing only partially helps. I have to call about the tethering kit for my mom's car as they weren't out a few weeks ago when I called. For what you need, it makes sense. I got it for our Mustang initially to RF but my husband almost threw out his back RF so I had to FF it but he takes my car when possible so its rarely used but I'm glad for emergency's.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #19
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Let me know when you decide to get rid of the ones you have
I'm going to need to at some point. I keep saying I'm going to get rid of my Keyfit 22 - I should have just given it to a friend but she knew her son was going to be huge and it wouldn't have lasted him long (he was a 12 pounder). I keep going back and forth on if we are going to try to adopt again so I've hung on to everything as a just in case as its easier to have some stuff then run out like we did last time and it cost a fortune as I couldn't clearance shop.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
I love love love my Coccoro. The only thing I don't like is that the covers stain and snag SO easily. But I'm sweating my DS outgrowing it, as the only thing else that would fit RF is the Radian and I hate it RF. He's got at least another 1.5-2 years left so hopefully there is something cool out by the time he outgrows it and/or we get a new car.
I may have to send you a picture as I don't want to post on here when he gets close - we have a few inches left so he's fine (he fits size wise) but I thought we'd easily get to three in it as I put his brother in it at three and he was fine. I'm going to try to hold off for cool seats and a new car too, especially for my husband. We're good for a while in the Duologic & I have my Evenflo but I like keeping a seat in the house in case we go in someone else's car/emergency and my neighbor has to drive little squirt. I'm hoping with the new RF rules they will make different seats.

If I could install like you can, I think I'd like it a lot better. I am decent, better than most, but you, I'm sure would outdo me any day (so if you come to the east coast, can you please check my seats as our tech's were not very good when I took them and tried to get help)