Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need a good overnight newborn diaper, suggestions please!

Our lo is now 4 weeks old and she's eating like gallons a day. The BGs, FBs, and Dream Ezees aren't cutting it. I have covers that I put over Flip disposables and that doesn't work either.
What worked for your 8-10 lb heavy wetter?

Advertisement

Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need a good overnight newborn diaper, suggestions please!

Are you getting a good fit? Which inserts are you using in the BGs you may want to double (I'm assuming they are 4.0s). You may want to get some hemp doublers the hemp babies work good without a lot of bulk. A good fitted might be good as well.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
lulutheladybug
Registered Users

I think my 4 week-old is probably closer to 11 lbs but she pees through a bg small with bamboo and hemp inserts during the day time naps. Overnight for 5ish hour stretches we have to use tinkle traps prefitteds or bg small bamboo fitteds with a pul cover otherwise we got leaks.
lulutheladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The BGs are an AIO and a very good fit but the FB are a pocket but the fit is eh, ok. I don't have any hemp inserts so I'll try and see if I can get a better result with some of those thanks! The Dream Ezees are a small and still a bit big on her so that's why I think they don't work as well. Thanks!
Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what about flats or prefolds with a doubler? and a wool or fleece cover.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you use fitteds at all, just add some boosters to them and that would work.

Mother-Ease Sandies XS are roomy so maybe try those with a booster or 2 with a wool cover if you don't have fitteds. Bubebe fitteds are supposed to be good too.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had no luck whatsoever with pre folds, not even for day time use. I don't know why. I don't own any fitteds yet but I'm more than willing to try. I have covers so that's no problem. I was hesitant to try fitters since the pre folds were such a let down. I look around for Mother Ease Sandies and Bubebe. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm having the same issue with my 2 week old preemie. She is peeing through all of her newborn diapers in 90 minutes.

I know you said that prefolds were a bust, were you trifolding them in a cover or pinning/snappi them? I think if you trifold you can get better absorbency.

I am hoping her cord falls off soon and that will open up more of a variety of diapers for us to use. Preemie prefolds fit her great but lack the absorbency that she needs. I am hoping infant prefolds will do a better job.

Also, I've had good luck with Megaroos and Starlight Expressions ETPF in infant size. They hold a really good amount. After 2 hours they are hardly damp on the outside of the prefold and that is amazing for us! Goodluck mama!!
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Karaanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to suggest prefolds with a fleece cover as well! Thats the only thing my DD can wear at night and not wake up wet.
Karaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
TexasMommy200611
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use fleece over a pocket diaper at night. It works like a dream EVERY night. We started at 10lbs with BG 3.0 stuffed with the nb insert, then LG insert, then both, then LG insert with hemp doubler, now up to 2 LG inserts and a hemp doubler at 2 years old.

Oh and we tried the hemp fitted pockets that they sell at Jillian's Drawers. I nvr had a leak but hate how they were wet like fitteds are lol. We put fleece over these too!!

I love fleece!

Last edited by TexasMommy200611; 08-07-2011 at 03:25 PM.
TexasMommy200611 is offline   Reply With Quote