Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Feeling abused

Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
Next time he does any of it, put him down and walk away. And yes, they do grow out of it!
this, excpet my son could already crawl wen he started this so we would put him inthe pack n play fro a few minutes, sort of a baby time out. He honestly thought it was funny when Isaid ow

this is the same kid who broke my nose with the back of his head while throwing a tantrum at age 3. No real advice just it happens.

Kelly wife to Rich , mommy to I , G , L , and G
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Users

I know I need to keep nursing on the side he bit but it hurts! Do I just power through it or is it okay to pump on that side for a day to let myself heal? I don't want to mess with my supply.
Leah || wife to my best friend for 18 years, mom to Miles born 1/10/11
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
Registered Users

mama, DS is a big kiddo, too, so I totally get the 'abused' feeling. I also noticed DS bit (and hit, and pinched) a lot more when he was teething, so if you notice that pattern maybe try giving him a cold washcloth/teether/teething gel (or even tylenol) shortly before you nurse so he can make his gums feel better.

And it would probably be fine for you to pump on the injured side for at least a few sessions if it hurts less -- heck I pumped for 4 weeks when DS was new because of all the damage I was dealing with and DS is still nursing at 21 months.

DS got much less pinchy/bitey/hitty as he got old enough to understand that he was hurting me (I generally gave him one or two warnings -- 'pinching hurts mama, please no pinching' -- and then nursing stopped for a few minutes). He occasionally still forgets, but a little reminder is all it takes to get him to stop these days.
working mom to Owen 10/29/2009 and wife to Brad.
mrosehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Oh, mama! My dd gave me a nasty corneal abrasion in March and it was SOOOOO painful (she was almost two). I had to go to the ER because I was in sooooo much pain. Make sure you do your follow up. My first doctor didn't put me on Muro ointment and I have a nasty scar and mine still feels like it has glass in it. I don't mean to scare you, but make sure you keep up on your meds and I hope yours heals nicely. Also, keep your follow up appt as your vision is pretty important. I have to use the artificial tears about 3x a day as mine no longer makes moisture and I sleep with the muro in it too. I REALLY feel your pain, mama.
Vivian, wife to Ben,poet, Homeschooling mama to B-9,M-5, S-3 :
"Past the mission and I smell the roses"
Vivhop98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy

I have a 13m old biter as well. She smacks me and pinches me too. She's currently teething and trying to get 4 teeth in at once and has started biting me constantly. OUCH. I do the mushing her face in my breast to get her to let go of my boob tell her "we don't bite" and end our nursing session. I've found that offering her a wet washrag or baby teething toy prior to nursing helps as well.

My older daughter also went through a hitting pinching stage and grew out of it. It just takes time and patience on your part.
Mom raising three wonderful children.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote