Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #91
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Liesl- Hang in there! Hope that the week goes by super fast for you and that you stay distracted.

Amy- Sorry about AF. I sure hope you get to rest today and relax with the heating pad

AFM: We still haven't even discussed our options yet. I'm so stressed out about how we even AFFORD IVF... jeesh! Brian is still pretty worn out and sick from chemo- he and I decided to do a raw food cleanse- it starts today Hopefully it kicks our bodies into gear.
Tell me about the raw food cleanse, please?

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #92
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Tell me about the raw food cleanse, please?
Oh yes Susan- You might really like it! I got the book from the library- here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

We are doing the 7 day cleanse. So we started today with 32 ounces of water with lemon, and a fiber smoothie- bananas, goji berries, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, and flax seeds.

Apparently it does a lot for digestive issues! So we are hoping it helps out my husband with the nausea. You might really like to try it. We spent about $160 at our local health food store picking up all the ingredients- bee pollen, spirulina, seaweed, etc...
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #93
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm. I need a raw food cleanse. I ate almost entirely raw when I concieved my daughter. I felt great and I am pretty sure it played a role in being able to conceive her! I keep trying to add more raw foods but perhaps I can committ to a cleanse! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Amy: Hope you get to rest and feel better!

Cindy
Old 08-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #94
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Both me and DH just finished our raw cleanse. We always consume vitamineral green (by healthforce nutritionals) Dailey during the cleanse for the first three days then we add smoothies using juice/greens with "good-earth" and "good-fats" <3 for days 4 through 8 then we do the liver rescue and of course lots of H20 the whole time

We have also done the level 3 cleanse by healthforce and liked that as well but it's a 30day hard core cleanse so if your a novice be careful!!!!
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")

Last edited by skyericsson; 08-14-2011 at 02:03 PM.
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #95
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I might try a cleanse like that here soon too.

Has anyone heard of special diets to help with the pain and growth of endo? I was reading last night that going gluten-free has helped people with endo to not have so much pain and with fertility, does anyone have any experience?
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #96
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo View Post
Heather: So sorry you have such a hard time with AF. I've never had any out of the ordinary symptoms but my BF and roommate in college always had the hardest time. Glad that you and DH have an understanding and can try to work through it all together. And I hope this month is easier!

Liesl: I've already used two HPTs and I'm still on bedrest. I wanted to see if it would turn up negative--ironic, right?--so I'd know all the hcg was out of my system. It was! So now I can obsessively test for the next 2 weeks. Weeeee!

AFM: I'm on my last day of bedrest, thank goodness. I can't wait to shower tomorrow morning! Oh, and I'll probably POAS too even though it's ridiculous. Wondfos are so cheap I can't help it. I didn't hear anything today about whether I had anything make it to blast so I guess I'll ahve to wait until Monday. I love waiting.
I know! I love how cheap they are. AND wondfos are super sensative too.... i got faint lines even when my levels dropped down to 8!!!

a raw food cleanse sounds good. i might jump on board as well.... not hard core but a generic detox. i usually juice every other day and do a green food smoothie every other day so this should be fuN!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013

Last edited by lalakiwi7; 08-14-2011 at 07:35 PM.
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #97
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Well I got inspired to do a huge thing of juice. I blended up a ton of stuff in my vitamix and squeezed the juice through a paint strainer. Such a fast, easy way to make lots of juice! And my 2 yr old is actually drinking the juice of: apples, carrots, cucumber, kale, celery and ginger. This kid eats no fruit and the only fresh veggie she'll touch is bell pepper. So, needless to say, I'm elated! She got to help make it, that's why.

Cindy
Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #98
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's fantastic Cindy!! My daughter is super interested in the smoothies we are making too- so I made her a couple of her own. She doesn't like them made with Chia seeds or Goji seeds though
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #99
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Sorry to hijak the thread about this stuff. But my daughter loves chia pudding. You can google recipes online but it's almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla and salt. I used sweetened boxed almond milk - if you make your own you likely need to add a bit of agave. Let is sit long enough and it turns into something like tapioca pudding. Good way to get omega fatty acids in them. :-)

I'm off to see my favorite artist play at a small venue. Going alone since DH has to be up early and is watching the little one. Going to be fun anyway!

Cindy
Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #100
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Vegan: Yes, my trigger was Saturday night and it was an Ovidrel pen. 250mcg. It was definitely out the following Saturday, but probably before. There was NO doubt it was negative.

The Elmo shorts are wool. Sorry, I just changed my avi! My DD went through a major Elmo obsession and I decided to try my hand at the monster bum. They came out nicely and DD loves them--she calls them "mine Elmo pants"--but I think I'll try my hand at intarsia next go. The eyes and nose are duplicate stitch on these and I'm not in love with the way they turned out. Probably more than you needed to hear, sorry!

Amy: It sounds like you have a very efficient adoption process. We kind of started the process before DD2 was conceived. Went to the orientation meeting, filled out the enormous amount of paperwork and I even started working on our letter and pics but we didn't submit anything or put the money down since we knew we were going to give our little frozen embies a chance. Well, one stuck and we got DD2! But since DH had gone through surgery to get sperm and we had 2 vials left, he wanted to exhaust that option before thinking about adoption again.

AFM: Nothing new. Except I've showered! Still showing up negative on the stick but I'm not bummed since I know it's way early still. Hoping for a BFP by Tuesday as DH leaves Wednesday morning but I'm not counting on it. I'd only be 8dpo and the earliest I've been seeing (not that I'm obsessed or anything) is 10dpo.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote