Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

I think I have everyone updated. If I missed someone, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Hi- I have endo too. It will not show up on an u/s. You can only be formally diagnosed after having surgery. If you had a c-section, it is common to get endo.
I was thought to have endo by several GYN/OB's. I was told this same thing. They can think you have it and be pretty sure, but to actually be sure you have to have the surgery. I declined more than once. I don't have it.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Rebecca: I didn't know you have endo! Do they think that is a factor in why you haven't had success yet w/IUI?

My sister had/has endo really bad. I say had bc she never talks about it anymore and never has surgeries anymore. Perhaps she just lives with it now. But when she was in her teens and 20s she had lots of surgeries to remove endo and had lots of pain. She had thought that her infertility was all caused by her endo. She later found out she has a chromosomal issue that prevents her from having a baby. She did many rounds of IVF. I do think she conceived at least once with the IVF but she did end up miscarrying. I know she had a number of miscarriages from the chromosomal issues. In any case, I can't recall exact details about the endo - but it definitely did factor in to her difficulty conceiving. The endo wasn't the insurmountable part for her though.

Liesl: I hope you are feeling well again and able to eat!

AFM: I have my follie scan tomorrow. Curious to see if I am responding at all to femara and how my lining looks. If it all looks good, they will tell me when to trigger and will schedule my IUI for later this week. I'm preparing myself for more bad news.

Cindy
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr View Post
Hi Amy...notice you had Endo. My particular type of uterine anomoly has a high prevelance of endo. I have read the "symptoms" lists on various websites. But would you (or anyone else!) care to expand on your history with it, how you got diagnosed, ect? Can endo develop after you are pregnant? From what I have read, it sounds like most start developing endo when you get AF for the first time as a teen. I guess I wonder if I need to be checked for endo...but wouldn't it have shown up during my million u/s while I was pregnant with DD in 2009?
I found out I had it last september. I've always had heavy/painful periods, but they were getting really really bad, and at the time DD had just turned 2 and after 2 years of NTNP I was starting to worry about my fertility. My dr. suggested that it might be endo and I had surgery to remove it. They can't see it on an u/s. I am glad I had the surgery so I know for sure, but its been almost a year since the surgery and I'm still not preggo... also it can come back and I think it has, my periods are back to being heavy and very painful. I don't know when it started but my theory is that BC pills kept it at bay and I went off them and got pg. right away with DD1, and then fairly soon after with DD2, and then I didn't take BC pills again so it just grew, that isn't based on any scientific fact though, just my own personal opinion, lol.

I'm about 11-12 DPO and having lots of symptoms, but I'd be shocked since I wasn't charting and we only DTD on what I think is O day and not before. We'll see in a few days I guess, lol.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #14
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Amy: I had a csection with DD2 (she was Frank breech) and nursed her for almost 2 years. When I got my period back it was heavy and painful, but I just chalked it up to it being the first in 3 years. But from that period to when I started BCP again to help regulate it, I was bleeding really heavily and having painful periods, bleeding in between, etc. No fun. I learned that Super Plus Tampax exist and didn't even work for an hour for me. When I started BCP my cycle went back to normal--maybe even a little lighter. I've not been diagnosed, but I suppose it could be a possibility and adds another case study to your research!

I had my ER today and everything went well. 23 eggs! I'm usually a good responder, so there really isn't too much surprise there--just happy that we have a lot of little chances. The best news is that I am feeling fantastic. I usually am in agony by this point with OHSS but I'm having very little discomfort and it's mostly just soreness from the ER. No bloating yet! I've been eating a ton of protein and sodium this last week in the form of Lean Cuisines and drinking as much Gatorade as I can stomach, so I'm thinking that has helped. There hasn't been one time where I've not blown up with fluid and been laid up in bed in pain. I took a 4 hour nap today but aside from that I've been puttering around the house. DH even brought the kids to "loose ends" day at ODD's school to find out who her teacher is and buy used uniforms. Rifling through tables of used uniforms--or anything, for that matter--is his least favorite thing in the world, but he did great and clothed our oldest for the upcoming school year for about $90 instead of $400 new. And he said the kids were good and cooperative. Why does that never happen for me?! He had to go out of town tonight and tomorrow and our sitter was unavailable to help me out, so I'm glad I'm feeling so good. Fingers crossed I wake up in good shape. And have a good fert report.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Meldo: That's great news! I hope you get lots of great embryos! When is your transfer? 5 days?

Cindy
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #16
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Melissa - 23 eggs?! That's fabulous! I hope the next step goes just as successfully!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #17
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa- That is great news! Keeping my fingers crossed and sticky bean dust vibes your way!!!!

Amy- Hoping you caught that egg! Praying for you

AFM- I also have heavy/painful period but I don't think it is endo. Since I only have a few periods a year on my own, they are just heavy from months of build up. Atleast that is what I have always assumed. What are any other signs of it? I would not want to have invasive surgery if nothing is there!

Still taking the Provera, CD 70 today. Hoping to finish the pills, get a period ( withdrawal bleeding) and see what the DR says. So nothing new to report. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GL Melissa!

AFM I'm 12 DPO, I was thinking of testing today, but forgot, lol. The reason I was going to test is because I have an awful yeast infecttion and I need to get on something for it but I'm not sure if its safe, I'll just have to ask the dr. when I call in for it.

Today is our adoption homestudy, I am so so nervous!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sarah - CD 70?! You must have the patience of Job mama! I hope AF comes soon for you so can start fresh.

Amy - I'm sure you'll do fine! In the meantime - TEST! 2nd MU is just as good if you hold for a few hours!

AFM - I figure AF should be here on Thurs (that would be CD30). I tested this morning and there was the faintest shadow of a line. But my new TTC motto is "it's nothing until it's something." Keeps me from getting hopeful until I have lines that even my husband can see!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 08-09-2011 at 09:27 AM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #20
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had another doc's appointment and didn't get any more answers except that she is strongly suggesting I go to CA (I'm in Maryland) to a repro immunologist there http://www.rialab.com/index.php

Anyone heard of them?

Sorry I've been quiet. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I hope everyone is doing well.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote