Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #31
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,305
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Blissfully: Sorry you are joining us. It could also be your DH.

Amy: I hope that yeast infection is for a good reason! LOL!

Ardenne: No thoughts on the test other than to say GO BUY ANOTHER ONE! Good luck!

AFM: Things went pretty well at my scan. My lining was 7mm. I think that is the minimum but they said it was fine. I had 1 17mm follicle and 1 23 mm follicle. I'm ready to trigger tonight already. IUI will be Thursday. He wasn't sure the 17mm follicle will be quite ready by then but if we wait any longer I will O on my own bc of the bigger one. So def at least 1, maybe 2 will be waiting for those swimmers!

Cindy

Advertisement

__________________
Mama to DD (1/09) and DD (9/12)
Vegan Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #32
meldo's Avatar
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunny southern California
Posts: 1,287
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Amy: Good luck with your home study! And given that you only get yeast infections when hcg is around, I'd say test!

Sarah: I used to only get a couple periods a year too but since I've had kids, I've either been pregnancy, nursing, or on BCP to regulate it. Such a PITA to never know when it's going to come. And it seemed I only ever got it in the middle of the night and with a vengeance. Not good for bedding. I had to take progesterone pills to get my period to start so we could do IVF #1.

AFM: RE called today with the fert report. Out of the 23, 14 were mature and 11 fertilized. We're doing a day 3 transfer since our last cycle was a bust at day 5. I'd rather have something put back than go in on day 5 to nothing.

Still feeling pretty good, not 100%, but good, considering how I have been in the past, so I think I'm out of the OHSS woods. Can't believe it.
__________________
I'm Melissa, married to my soulmate, S and mama to my girls:
8 year old K and 3 year old, A
and my new little BOY! Baby W arrived 4/29/12
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #33
finleyjudemommy's Avatar
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,421
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Way to go Cindy!~ Fingers crossed for you!!

As for me.....CD3 for me today....went in for some blood work....anti mullerian hormone, FSH, TSH and prolactin. We are taking this month off of anything and will start a cycle of injectibles with the next cycle. Hopefully these tests all come back with no issues!

We will be on vacation mid-cycle so we plan to "have lots o fun" and hope maybe that will do the trick! I am also going to try some soy again this cycle....

Off to soccer practice! Have a super night all!
__________________
Susan, laundry doing , dish doing SAHM to twins F&J , A , 1 year old M, 3 early M/C's and Baby Jack born sleeping 10/22/10
finleyjudemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
MyVintageBliss's Avatar
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
Formerly: BlissfullyChic
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 338
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr View Post
Does anyone spot for many days before AF's actually arrival? I usually spot about 5 days (starting around 7-8 DPO). Last month was an exception with only 2 days of spotting, but that was because my LP was 9 days long. I've brought this up to my midwife quite a few times, and she brushes it off. Do you think the days of spotting could cause implanting issues for an egg if it is fertilized? I have had a day 21 progesterone draw, and it was around 15 or something. So probably not a progesterone issue.
I do this every month. I spot around 3 days sometimes more before I start. I have no idea what it means though.
__________________
MyVintageBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #35
sunyflwr's Avatar
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Frozen Tundra
Posts: 780
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyChic View Post
Just wanted to say hi. I'm not on the list yet, I'm not quite sure where I belong. I've been on the TTC board but it's been a year and a half and nothing. We have two girls turning 7 and 4 soon. I have no idea what the problem is exactly. Both of our girls were conceived at the first and third month of trying. I'm for sure ovulating, my luteal phase length is just fine, cm isn't an issue or timing. I get great +OPK..... what am I missing? What could have changed since I had my girls. And I'm only 29..... any thoughts??? I welcome any advice!!
Welcome! Please join! I am new here too...I am a little lost yet since everyone who knows everyone on this board. So I would be happy to make a buddy on this board.

My only other thought would be to take some herbal supplements and/or try a medicated cycle? You have been TTC 1.5 years, it might be time to talk to your OB about it?
__________________
Me (29) DH (29) DD (12.09) DS (05.12 - my no epi VBAC baby)
CDing, BFing, ERFing, vaxing, retired milk donor Mama.
Dx'd with unicornuate uterus in 02.10.
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #36
MyVintageBliss's Avatar
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
Formerly: BlissfullyChic
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 338
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

That's what I'm thinking sunyflwr... no more putting it off, time to see the OB! Thanks for the welcome! It seems like everyone knows exactly why they aren't getting preggers so I wasn't sure where I would fit in. Hope I get some answers soon!
__________________
MyVintageBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #37
meldo's Avatar
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunny southern California
Posts: 1,287
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyChic View Post
That's what I'm thinking sunyflwr... no more putting it off, time to see the OB! Thanks for the welcome! It seems like everyone knows exactly why they aren't getting preggers so I wasn't sure where I would fit in. Hope I get some answers soon!
Welcome! I would suggest getting a semen analysis. It's an easy place to start. It can be more difficult to pin down a diagnosis for women. Luckily, we knew we had male factor and that it was bad enough to go straight to IVF. I say luckily but it was pretty devastating to know it wasn't going to happen the old fashioned way. But at least we didn't exhaust other options before, Kwim?

Cindy: woot! Good luck Thursday!
__________________
I'm Melissa, married to my soulmate, S and mama to my girls:
8 year old K and 3 year old, A
and my new little BOY! Baby W arrived 4/29/12
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #38
amyltc's Avatar
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Well, the homestudy went well, but I got a BFN on the test I really wasn't expecting a BFP but I think its still always disheartening every month that I don't get pregnant.
__________________
Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #39
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyChic View Post
That's what I'm thinking sunyflwr... no more putting it off, time to see the OB! Thanks for the welcome! It seems like everyone knows exactly why they aren't getting preggers so I wasn't sure where I would fit in. Hope I get some answers soon!
Welcome! I'm sorry you are struggling, but you fit here. This is for anyone who is struggling even if they don't know the reason. A lot of us have been here for a while, but there are a few "Newbies" too. Our thread is getting quite active, which is nice, but sad that so many find themselves here. Just jump right in and start posting. I hope your stay here is very short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo View Post
Amy: Good luck with your home study! And given that you only get yeast infections when hcg is around, I'd say test!

Sarah: I used to only get a couple periods a year too but since I've had kids, I've either been pregnancy, nursing, or on BCP to regulate it. Such a PITA to never know when it's going to come. And it seemed I only ever got it in the middle of the night and with a vengeance. Not good for bedding. I had to take progesterone pills to get my period to start so we could do IVF #1.

AFM: RE called today with the fert report. Out of the 23, 14 were mature and 11 fertilized. We're doing a day 3 transfer since our last cycle was a bust at day 5. I'd rather have something put back than go in on day 5 to nothing.

Still feeling pretty good, not 100%, but good, considering how I have been in the past, so I think I'm out of the OHSS woods. Can't believe it.
Awesome. I did a day 3 transfer also. I was more comfortable with that. I think if you aren't feeling the OHSS by now, you are probably good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Blissfully: Sorry you are joining us. It could also be your DH.

Amy: I hope that yeast infection is for a good reason! LOL!

Ardenne: No thoughts on the test other than to say GO BUY ANOTHER ONE! Good luck!

AFM: Things went pretty well at my scan. My lining was 7mm. I think that is the minimum but they said it was fine. I had 1 17mm follicle and 1 23 mm follicle. I'm ready to trigger tonight already. IUI will be Thursday. He wasn't sure the 17mm follicle will be quite ready by then but if we wait any longer I will O on my own bc of the bigger one. So def at least 1, maybe 2 will be waiting for those swimmers!

Cindy
That sounds great! I'm hoping this is all you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Well, the homestudy went well, but I got a BFN on the test I really wasn't expecting a BFP but I think its still always disheartening every month that I don't get pregnant.
Sorry for the BPN, but that's great the home study went well. What is the next step for you?
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #40
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

I think I fixed everyone. If I missed something, please let me know.

BlissfullyChic - If you want me to add your info, just post it.
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.