Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #81
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Ardenne - I'm sorry you are feeling so down.

Amy - That is awesome!! Of course, we would love to have you around. What is the next step in the adoption process? I'm not familiar with the adoption process at all. However, my SIL was adopted, but that was many years ago, long before I was part of this family.

AFM - Ugh. Just hating life as AF nears. You all know how I get. I feel like it is going to come early, but we will see. I decided to put off my son's first day of K (he is home schooled). It was supposed to be Monday, but I just don't think I can start our first official day of school while I have a head cold and am being controlled my my crazy hormones.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #82
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Heather - try checking out the thread in the TTC forum about the positives of AF. Might help to chase some of the gloomies away.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #83
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Lucy. Those are a lot of reasons to be positive about AF. I actually do tend to be positive about starting another month once AF actually starts.

My problem is that AF wreaks havoc on my life. It is really awful. Every month, as AF approaches, I get more and more irritable. By the time AF arrives, I am a totally different person. I'm angry, frustrated and absolutely miserable. This is usually when my husband and I have the biggest fights and when I have emotional meltdowns (crying for a long period of time). I can't stand to be around myself and honestly just want to run away and hide. My poor husband takes the brunt of it, but I'm short with the kids too. Now, my in-laws get to experience it. I also get some physical symptoms too, including painful cramps (though, they used to be so bad, I would miss school and work because I was doubled over in pain crying for 2 days right after I started), constipation, bloating, and back pain. Overall, I'm just in misery for about 5 days right around AF. I know without a doubt that I fit the description of PMDD, but I refuse to take meds. I've discussed it with my husband and he is fine with me not taking anything. We just work through it together every month. It's not like I'm literally crazy and dangerous or anything, just very miserable and emotional.

So, when I say I hate AF, it actually doesn't have much to do with TTC. Instead, it is because of what it does to me. In reality, I am actually very grateful to be so regular and not have fertility issues of my own (on top of hubby's). I know what a blessing that is. Most of the time, even though I'm sad and I really, really want to get pregnant on our own, I'm okay with AF coming. It means my body is doing what it is supposed to. I just hate how I feel for the 5 days around it. *sigh*
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #84
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Heather - have you ever tried Vitex? I hear it's supposed to help regulate hormones for those who seem to swing wildly around O or AF.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #85
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2dpo and I already want to POAS.... i know I should get my hopes up but I just feel so hopeful this month and I don't know why. I guess because I know that since we were able to conceive last month it gives me hope that maybe we could do it again this month.... even without drugs. still have to wait a WHOLE WEEK!!!! Good thing it's a busy week.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #86
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Heather you can survive AF... but that sounds a little over the top. Have you talked to your Gyn about extreme symptoms?

AFM I have a monster headache... like whoa! But one more AF down... I finally seem to have made it to that point after a MC where I stop focusing on the last pregnancy and begin focusing on the next... but I still have another 5 weeks till TTC at O time... and I have all those blood tests to determine reasons for recurrent MC... sooo... meh.

Liesl, you can survive until testing time!

We are all survivors... ...clearly, I need sleep. <3

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #87
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Heather: So sorry you have such a hard time with AF. I've never had any out of the ordinary symptoms but my BF and roommate in college always had the hardest time. Glad that you and DH have an understanding and can try to work through it all together. And I hope this month is easier!

Liesl: I've already used two HPTs and I'm still on bedrest. I wanted to see if it would turn up negative--ironic, right?--so I'd know all the hcg was out of my system. It was! So now I can obsessively test for the next 2 weeks. Weeeee!

AFM: I'm on my last day of bedrest, thank goodness. I can't wait to shower tomorrow morning! Oh, and I'll probably POAS too even though it's ridiculous. Wondfos are so cheap I can't help it. I didn't hear anything today about whether I had anything make it to blast so I guess I'll ahve to wait until Monday. I love waiting.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #88
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Meldo: What trigger did you take and when? I'm guessing maybe you triggered last saturday? So 8 days until yours was out? I'm going to test mine out too. I'm hoping you see a BFP soon!!! Maybe by wed? Sorry you haven't heard about the others yet. BTW, my DD loves your pic of the elmo shorts. Are those wool shorties? SO cute! I didn't do any wool with DD but with the next kid I def want to. I don't knit. But my SIL knitted a bunch for her son so I will probably beg her for some. LOL.

Liesl: We are cycle buddies again! I am 2 or 3 dpo. I'm glad you are feeling hopeful. I'm hopeful for you too. I'm feeling ambivalent about my chances.

Had a nice day shopping, eating out and having ice cream sundaes with my DH and little one. I must have seen 20+ pregnant women. I counted at least 8 walk by while we ate lunch. I don't know if it was bc we were in between a store for new parents (that I used to love going to when DD was a baby - classes and nice areas to breastfeed, etc) and a maternity store - or if it was just bc it was a pretty suburban area. It was wierd though. I'm trying to take it as a sign that I am pregnant too. LOL. I remember seeing lots of twins when I was at seaworld with my mom and sister a few yrs ago and my mom saying maybe it was the universe telling me I would have twins some day. I found out the next day that I was pregnant w/DD (my mom had no idea we were trying even). And I hope that my mom was right that I will have twins some day!

Cindy
Old 08-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #89
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather- the next step for us is we need to type up our profile and get our pictures finished so we can upload them to the website and we have interviews on the 31st, after that our application goes to a committee that decides to (hopefully) approve us.

I also have AF, it is so awful, I get so much pain I can barely function, and I also get really moody. I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday so I can lie in bed a bit and rest.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #90
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Liesl- Hang in there! Hope that the week goes by super fast for you and that you stay distracted.

Amy- Sorry about AF. I sure hope you get to rest today and relax with the heating pad

AFM: We still haven't even discussed our options yet. I'm so stressed out about how we even AFFORD IVF... jeesh! Brian is still pretty worn out and sick from chemo- he and I decided to do a raw food cleanse- it starts today Hopefully it kicks our bodies into gear.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote