Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
leaking

ds2 is almost 4 weeks and every time he nurses I leak out the other side. I don't remember this with ds1, so I am guessing it stopped at some time. When does it usually quit leaking? I've only been not nursing for 6m!

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
ariannasmommy22
Registered Users
seller

Re: leaking

it took 3 months with my first. My 2nd is now 2 weeks old and I leak alot. I got a Milkie and have been saving all that leaking breastmilk. I get about 4-6 oz a day from just collecting the leaking milk on the opposite breast I'm not feeding on. It's a genius idea!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13128049914631
Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
deely
Registered Users

My daughter is 4 months old and I'm still leaking when she eats and even when she lays on my chest sometimes. I think it's different for everyone.
deely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I leaked for the first year with my DD. Yep, it was out of control. This time, I have stopped leaking most of the time. Or, well, I don't leak enough to worry about it very much. It slowed down between 2 and 3 months, I think.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Rshepard07
Registered Users

I leaked for 4 months. It helps if you put gently pressure on your nipple that is leaking, it stops the leaking. Or you can pump a bit off that side just for the first letdown or try milkies.
Rshepard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I leak on the opposite side that I'm nursing on and randomly when I let down (even when not nursing) until about nine months, kinda stinks but oh well.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think i will try milkies. I didn't know how much you could really collect, but everyone says it's a bit. and I'm tired of being wet all day.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
mommajenn13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me? Apparently never! My DS is 14 months old and I still leak. I work all day and I leak around lunchtime, even though I haven't pumped during the day for 2 months! And I always leak from the other side while nursing. Maybe since I pumped at work for a year, I got mine used to letting down at the same time, because they always do. Ugh!

At least now, as long as I'm not TOO full, I can just hold my arms over my nipples/boobs and that usually keeps it from actually coming out. I have 3 thick nursing bras and I've never actually soaked through them during the day, but I always have to wash them after one wear.