Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tea Tree and other oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumpkin View Post
All EOs oils have antimicrobial effects but TT oil has the greatest. Another oil w/ high antimicrobial effects is lavender oil and it is safe to use on skin and babies. This safety issue is not true of all EOs. Orange oil has high effects but there are sensitivity issues w/ using orange oil on skin. BTW, TT oil is not safe on skin when used in high quantities which is why it must be diluted.
Thank you! I was looking at some sweet orange oil thinking it probably smells great but wondering if it is ok for baby.. I will skip it. I like lavender and will probably give that a go. I would like to use TT oil but I really do not like the smell at all.

Advertisement

ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

It does have a pretty strong smell, it's not for everyone. Definitely don't put it directly on skin! I also use about 5-10 drops in water with a squirt of baby soap for my wipes solution to prevent yeast, and about 10-20 when she has a yeast infection.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking it would be good in a wipe solution bc it's so good at dealing w yeast and bacteria. How much water do you use with the 5-10 drops?
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
plumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about what others believe, but 5-10 drops for 8oz liquid is standard.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been drooling over tea tree oil and lavendar for the last few weeks for some wipe bits, and trying to talk myself into buying some. . . I know you can get 2 oz of tea tree oil for $8 at walmart. Anyone know a good place to buy lavendar?
lolson3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolson3
I've been drooling over tea tree oil and lavendar for the last few weeks for some wipe bits, and trying to talk myself into buying some. . . I know you can get 2 oz of tea tree oil for $8 at walmart. Anyone know a good place to buy lavendar?
Silly question here....what section at Walmart would you find TTO? I hate walking around looking to stuff thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
plumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolson3 View Post
I buy on the internet but wholefoods has lavender e/o.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just bought lavender and peppermint EO's at GNC. They had Rosemary, TTO and a few others.....
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #19
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

TTO is an EO that needs to be used with a level of respect. It is not used as loosely in other parts of the world as it is here.

Might want to do some homework outside of the boards to better understand safe levels of use.

In moderation it is an alley, used differently you may be unknowingly creating less than optiomal environment. Your own understanding and education will yield no questions.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

For my wipes solution I fill just under half my re-useable wipes tub up with water after adding the TTO and baby wash. I usually have a stack of 15-20 wipes I think, never really counted. I got my TTO at gnc, never thought to check walmart. I agree, do more checking around than just on these boards. I went to several different websites and message boards before going out and purchasing it. Just google "uses of tea tree oil" and tons of stuff pops up. HTH!
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote