Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
April 2012 8/8-8/14

New week, new chat!

I PMed a mod to see when the board will officially move to April 2012.

We need a fun name, I have zero creativity right now

Had a rough day with my boys yesterday. It was stupid boy stuff but still nothing we have ever had to deal with before It was mentally exhausting!! I think I am going to finally fully wean DD. She only nurses 2 times a day but I think I am done

How is everyone feeling?

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2012 8/8-8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
New week, new chat!

Had a rough day with my boys yesterday. It was stupid boy stuff but still nothing we have ever had to deal with before It was mentally exhausting!! I think I am going to finally fully wean DD. She only nurses 2 times a day but I think I am done

How is everyone feeling?
Cool thanks for doing that Chayla!

Sorry you had a rough day with the boys, I hope you can work through it and figure it out soon. As my DD1 gets older I find myself dealing with new stuff I have never dealt with too and I know what you mean about mentally exhausting.

Lora let us know what your doc said! FX for you!

Yesterday is the day I would have been late for AF and yesterday I cooked dinner, started to eat it and then realized there was NO way. I had a bowl of raisin bran for dinner instead. I have been kind of living on raisin bran for the past couple days but usually I can get in some kind of lunch. Right after I finish lunch I feel nauseous and then it seems to last til nighttime.

I was looking at my journal from last pregnancy and I didn't start feeling this sick this early so I hope morning sickness isn't too brutal this time around. Of course it is usually comforting to feel such strong symptoms too so I guess its one of those things.

-Shelley-

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 08-08-2011 at 08:48 AM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Renee! Wait, did you say you prefered to be called something else?

Please, keep your fingers crossed that what happened yesterday was dealt with and it won't happen again! Moms with older kids know, the 'we're playing house' or the 'we're playing doctor' thing Please do not let me ever go thru that again
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
3wyobabes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
New week, new chat!

How is everyone feeling?

DD is down to once a day. I am done... but she refuses to give it up and unfortunately it's the middle of the night one, so dh is no help there Hoping it changes enough for her to not like it any more soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

Yesterday is the day I would have been late for AF and yesterday I cooked dinner, started to eat it and then realized there was NO way. I had a bowl of raisin bran for dinner instead. I have been kind of living on raisin bran for the past couple days but usually I can get in some kind of lunch. Right after I finish lunch I feel nauseous and then it seems to last til nighttime.

-Shelley-
I couldn't eat last night either. Made the kids and dh homemade pizza and there was no way I was keeping it down. Finally made myself a ham and cheese omelet at 9:30 last night. I'm quickly discovering that simple and raw is the only thing that I like. Veggies, salads, 2 ingredient dishes...

Quote:

Please, keep your fingers crossed that what happened yesterday was dealt with and it won't happen again! Moms with older kids know, the 'we're playing house' or the 'we're playing doctor' thing Please do not let me ever go thru that again
I have an almost 8 year old, 5 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old and a 15 month old and I've done daycare. Horrifying as it may seem, developmentally it is Sooooo normal! Of course we still had the talk that it wasn't okay, that's not how we play in this house, yada yada yada, but try not to stress too much. They all get curious at some point. For me, I'm not looking forward to the "where do babies come from" question from our 8 year old. Every other pregnancy he's been content with "the doctor helps..." but I have a sneaking suspicion that won't be enough this time around.

AFM: Having a craptacular morning DS had an upset tummy this morning and decided to be independent going poop. That was a lovely mess at 7 am.

Then DH calls (he's been at work since 5) to tell me that he can't get out early and won't be home in time for my appt. Why he switched shifts when he knew it was today is beyond me... but now it's the 17th. GRRRR! Hoping at least I can hear a precious little heartbeat since I'll be almost 8 weeks.

And to top it off work called and they are "missing" 60 some files. I have a sneaking suspicion that the secretary just isn't doing her job. I found 30ish of them already. (That were done and already emailed once)... but I don't have time for this. It's hard enough to find time to get them done with 4 kids and a hubby that's rarely home, let alone to have to go through and find them or do them twice. Holy Monday!!!!
3wyobabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I just wanted to let you ladies I'm lurking here for now, but I'm in the 2ww and VERY hopeful that I'm pregnant so just in case I am, I'm gonna be a fly on the wall here so I can get to know everyone IF I'm pregnant I'd be due 4/27 by lmp or 4/29 by ovulation date.
Congrats to those who are here already!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY, Stephanie!!! I have been lurking in the TTC forum for some more BFPs!!! FX for you

Jess, thank you!!!! DH and I have decided not to 'tell' anyone IRL (he doesn't know I said anything here). I know it's normal, it was just at a friends house we rarely see, they have 2 girls, we have 2 boys. You know, uncomfortable!!! We are going to see them again this weekend again.

I received an email from the mod. She said it should change soon but she will bring it up again.

I am really wanting to give my notice at work TODAY!!!! I am so tired (didn't sleep well for 2 nights) and just over computer work! My neck and back hurt SO bad
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Oh yes I know that is coming up and I know its normal but yeah. I hope you don't have to go through it again!

My name is Shelley but I don't want to be "known" on the main boards due to knowing IRL people. So I will just sign my posts here with my name so people don't get too conufsed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wyobabes View Post

I couldn't eat last night either. Made the kids and dh homemade pizza and there was no way I was keeping it down. Finally made myself a ham and cheese omelet at 9:30 last night. I'm quickly discovering that simple and raw is the only thing that I like. Veggies, salads, 2 ingredient dishes...

I have an almost 8 year old, 5 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old and a 15 month old and I've done daycare. Horrifying as it may seem, developmentally it is Sooooo normal! Of course we still had the talk that it wasn't okay, that's not how we play in this house, yada yada yada, but try not to stress too much. They all get curious at some point. For me, I'm not looking forward to the "where do babies come from" question from our 8 year old. Every other pregnancy he's been content with "the doctor helps..." but I have a sneaking suspicion that won't be enough this time around.

AFM: Having a craptacular morning DS had an upset tummy this morning and decided to be independent going poop. That was a lovely mess at 7 am.

Then DH calls (he's been at work since 5) to tell me that he can't get out early and won't be home in time for my appt. Why he switched shifts when he knew it was today is beyond me... but now it's the 17th. GRRRR! Hoping at least I can hear a precious little heartbeat since I'll be almost 8 weeks.

And to top it off work called and they are "missing" 60 some files. I have a sneaking suspicion that the secretary just isn't doing her job. I found 30ish of them already. (That were done and already emailed once)... but I don't have time for this. It's hard enough to find time to get them done with 4 kids and a hubby that's rarely home, let alone to have to go through and find them or do them twice. Holy Monday!!!!
Wow sounds like a rough day! I hope it gets better for you. That is a bummer about dh missing the appointment. So exciting that you might get to hear the heartbeat!

My dd is 8 and when I was pregnant when she was five, we got her a book explaining where babies come from. Apparently she gave her entire kindergarten class a very technical explanation of where babies come from involving the sperm and the ovum. Since she was only five we didn't get into the whole sex thing, just the technical aspects of it. I suppose eventually that time is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinega View Post
So I just wanted to let you ladies I'm lurking here for now, but I'm in the 2ww and VERY hopeful that I'm pregnant so just in case I am, I'm gonna be a fly on the wall here so I can get to know everyone IF I'm pregnant I'd be due 4/27 by lmp or 4/29 by ovulation date.
Congrats to those who are here already!!!
Yay FX Stephanie! I have also been lurking in TTC for more BFPS.

Quote:

I received an email from the mod. She said it should change soon but she will bring it up again.

I am really wanting to give my notice at work TODAY!!!! I am so tired (didn't sleep well for 2 nights) and just over computer work! My neck and back hurt SO bad
Cool hopefully we will see results soon!

I know what you mean about being tired. Sorry your neck and back hurt. My neck has been hurting from sleeping weird and the CRAZY dreams. They tense me all up.

-Shelley-
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Talked to my doctor and he said that with my numbers, we wouldn't even be able to see the sac yet. Since I should be 6 weeks tomorrow, that doesn't sound good. He just sent me for more bloodwork, so I should hear back later this afternoon. Feeling absolutely crummy right now.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just wanted to share for those who need a laugh

my husband is a nerd. he text me and asked me what i did for lunch break and i said 'went to get groceries at walmart.. but left with box of spaghetti, can of sauce, shampoo/conditioner, 2 digital preg tests to save just in case, and topped that off w/ mcdonalds nuggets/fries and 4 things of honey.
he replied. 'yep. pregnant'
i'm like. uh. i'm like 2-3 dpo.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stephanie. Hoping it's true. That 2ww is SO hard!!

Lora, thinking of you!! Please keep us updated.