Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Those who are against letting DC CIO

How long do you let your babes cry/fuss before you tend to them or pick them up?

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who are against letting DC CIO

As quickly as it takes me to get to them, unless im in the potty and cant get to them

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

What's CIO? I have never let my child cry w/o me picking them up right away. Except for a short stent when we were getting ds to sleep in bed alone at age 17 mos. They I sat in his room by his bed for weeks.

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I go to ds2 immediately when he needs me, unless of course I can't for some reason (in the potty, tied up with ds1 whatever). I did the same with ds1 when he was a baby. Now I try and let him figure things out for himself, most of his needs aren't quite so immediate now, he can wait a second while I finnish what I am doing. If he is hurt or scared I still go to him immediately though.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Mom2Jack+Quinn
Registered Users

My Mood:

If I'm sleeping as long as it takes me to realize he's really crying and I'm not dreaming. If its daytime...however long it takes to get from point A to B.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #6
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well it depends - I don't let Nate cio, because we co-sleep! I nurse him to sleep, so there is no option to cry, kwim?

Now, when he's following me around the kitchen whining while I load the dishwasher??? Then I'll let him go for a few minutes, but I'm talking to him while I'm doing this and that, and let him know once mama's done, we'll go nurse... he's definitely a "boob man" !! LOL
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to meg. and he in general is with me all the time other than that but like this morning i had to go to the bathroom and he wasnt awake yet so i just went, well, he woke up and freaked cause the door was shut and i opened the door and picked him up and he went back to sleep. now getting out of the bathroom was interesting, but it wasnt my fault i had to go, kiwm? so its not like it was on purpose and i didnt just let im cry, i let him in so he wouldnt cry...
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

see I knew I wasn't crazy, I get no support from DH & Mum, they say "you're gonna have to let him fuss a little or you will always be tied down" or Mum says "he needs to develop his lungs or that is why he still has a goopy eye (tear duct not open) cause you don't let him cry" COME ON! I cannot stand to let him cry I am SORRY it breaks my heart, I want him to know Mommy will always be there, I too, go right away, it only takes as long as it takes me to get to him (unless of course in potty or trying to pop in a load of laundry somethin like that lol) and even so I will calm him down then go back to what I was doing, or I get him settled close where he can see me... I wear him when possible too, and he's only 12 weeks old (well on thurs) so it's not like I have a 3 year old attached to my hip kwim?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Well, since DS is pretty much attached to my hip, he doesn't cry that much. When he does, it's a very short time, unless as most have said, I'm on the potty.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #10
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Cherish every minute of it. Before you know it he will be toddling around and won't want to be held anymore. Two nights ago, ds woke in the middle of the night and cried. I got him out of bed and carried him to the rocking chair where he immeciately fell asleep in my arms. I held and rocked him for nearly an hour. He's 25 months old now and rarely wants to be held or cuddled and I miss those days.

I never let him cry. I rocked him to sleep for every nap and at night until he was 13 months old. He slept through the night starting at 3 months. He is a happy and independant little guy now. You can't spoil a baby by holding them and attending to their needs.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote