View Poll Results: How often do/did you read to your toddler?
Daily 103 89.57%
A few times a week 7 6.09%
A few times a month 2 1.74%
I've read very few books throughout toddlerhood 3 2.61%
We never read to our toddler 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
his&herMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do/did you read to your toddler?

Since I am a stay at home mom we read all through out the day. She is constantly bringing me books. I subscribed to the dr. seuss mailing subscription to get books in the mail every month and I buy books most times when we go out. She has memorized a good chunk of her books because of it. Reading to children expands their vocabulary and encourages clear speaking. I have a few friends whose kids do not speak and they're over 2.

Advertisement

his&herMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #42
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

my 22 month ds is a book worm...he "reads" to himself every day. we read together every nap and bedtime. we have a box of books in the play room I bet he convinces DH and I at least once a day to read a huge stack of books to him so my answer multiple times a day...I love the cuddle time. It is the only time he sits in my lap for extended periods. I love it
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #43
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

daily. We had a book shower, so DD has a lot of books

She has her favorites, but we try to sprinkle in some of the others too. I'm not too worried if she gets attached, because I read (and my pediatrician mentioned) that it's best if you read the same book over and over and over. Apparantly the repetition is good and helps them learn to read because they get familiar with what the words should say.

According to all the signs on the pediatrician's offices' walls, most people do not read to their children. So, while this poll shows that most kids are being read to, that's not the case with the general populace. I think it's just another one of those things that people don't understand how important it is.