Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lost my nipple shield

Somewhere between a birthday party and visiting some friends, I lost my nipple shield. We had been. Working on weaning off of it but...so far dd is nursing without it. Her latch seems good but she isn't nursing as long at each session, could it just be she's more efficient without it controlling flow rate?

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lost my nipple shield

It could be that, yes. Keep an eye on her weight, number of wet diapers etc. If you are concerned you could take her for weigh in's at the doctor's office, or the WIC office if you are on WIC. I used shields for weeks with both kids and it was such a relief to just throw them out! I hope it works out well for you guys
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
ommsound
Registered Users
seller

I had the same thing when DD was first born. She used the shield for a couple of days until I could get her latched well. She ate a lot faster without the nipple shield! They say it takes the baby longer to get the milk with the nipple shield (I guess they have to work harder).
ommsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
Willum'smom
Registered Users
seller

As long as she's making enough wet and dirty diapers I would kiss that thing goodby! The nipple shield was the bane of my existence!