Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #21
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Re: flexible soled shoes really necessary for 2.5 YO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlillie View Post
Yes. They have been through a lot of playground time in SW Louisiana and Mississippi and can go straight into the washing machine when they need em.
Cool. I look at them and think the first time he drags his foot to stop the scooter or bike, there goes the shoe (and a toe)! DS is 3 and is usually in sneakers, but prefers being barefoot, so maybe these would be a good alternative. Do they get hot with the sock part?

ETA: Looked at the link and they're only in sizes up to 8. Oh well. He's a 10.

Advertisement

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!

Last edited by KrisM; 08-11-2011 at 11:19 AM.
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not one to spend a fortune on shoes, and I don't buy all leather shoes all the time (though they are better for your feet to breathe). As a SAHM I just don't have that kind of money to spend on shoes they outgrow so quickly.

DD goes barefoot inside, but I always make sure that the her shoes are easily flexible at the point where the toes bend (if they bend in the middle of the shoe that doesn't matter as much cuz that's not where your feet naturally bend). The flexible soles are important for foot development (you can do an internet search and get some articles on it if you've never seen any). has always had a high instep and narrow feet (MIL's feet!), so a lot of sandals don't fit her - and Stride Rite never have because of the instep.

DD is now 3. I buy her shoes at consignment (I only buy what looks brand new because if they are worn that's not good for your children to inherit other kids wear patterns), Target, Walmart, Payless, online, Marshalls, Ross... just about anywhere. I also purchased a pair of Nike's for the playground this year. (I got brand new ones at OAUC for $10!) I decided it's a good idea to get a nice supportive shoe for so much climbing and running. And I have purchased shoes with non-flex sloes if they are a shoe for occasional wear like dress sandals or shoes.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

Huh. I have all the way to 12 in my closet. dinosauar and khaki go up to 12 and sports pattern

eta- they do get a little warm (that's why we like the Old Navy sandals which should be on clearance right about now). And it might take a couple of wears to get used to the feeling. My niece wore them twice (I'm so mean!) before she liked them, but loves them now.

Last edited by wlillie; 08-11-2011 at 02:09 PM.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #24
flintgirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Payless sells shoes made my stride rite. It is called smart fit. They have flexible shoes and the prices are cheap.