Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What is the best potty training book out there for kids?

Just what the subject says. I am getting a Potty training kit together for my bff and her daughter. She plans to start it later this month when they get back from vacation. Her DD is 21 mos old and so ready to start this!
I already got some panties, plus the thick training panties, and a package of Pull-Ups(they don't CD).
Now I am looking for a book for her DD to complete it. My bff has already been reading on it.
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the best potty training book out there for kids?

Not sure that there really is a "best" - kind of a personal preference. But we really like the Once Upon a Potty books.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha-nanagins View Post
Not sure that there really is a "best" - kind of a personal preference. But we really like the Once Upon a Potty books.
Your right it is a personal preference but I mean your favorite/best in your opinion. I will be ordering one from Amazon so I was going to go with the most recommended one . I no longer have the potty books and forget what ones we had.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whichever one keeps her on the potty long enough to produce?

Seriously, IDK. We never really used one. (but I couldn't stop myself from coming in here and being silly)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally I think pull-ups can hinder pting, I would get some gerber training pants instead, even if you don't do CD at some point the kid is going into cloth undies, and they will have to clean up accidents. Honestly from what I have seen kids get it way faster in cloth trainers or rubber panted undies, then they do in pull-ups.

We have "how to potty train your Monster" and DS loves it.

Alsi heard great things about Elmo's Potty Time.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat View Post
Personally I think pull-ups can hinder pting, I would get some gerber training pants instead, even if you don't do CD at some point the kid is going into cloth undies, and they will have to clean up accidents. Honestly from what I have seen kids get it way faster in cloth trainers or rubber panted undies, then they do in pull-ups.

We have "how to potty train your Monster" and DS loves it.

Alsi heard great things about Elmo's Potty Time.
As I stated in OP I bought her two packs of undies(normal ones), one pack of gerber cloth training panties(the thicker cloth ones), plus the pull ups for trips out and night time.
We had talked when I was there and I told her at home cloth panties and out pull ups is how I trained my DD. My DD was trained almost totally in a weekend. We had lots of panties and naked time, though naked time was first day only.
Oh there is a Elmo Potty book!?! Off to check that out. Her DD is crazy for Elmo, it was her first word actually. And the funniest part is it was due to a stuffed animal not tv.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Tweedledum
Registered Users

There's an Elmo Potty time DVD, which I STRONGLY recommend. There's also an Elmo potty coloring book, which comes with stickers and a tracking chart, plus poster to hang in your bathroom for motivation and reminders (wash hands, use a little bit of toilet paper, etc). They even have Elmo underwear, you know.

My daughter would never have PL'ed if not for Elmo.
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote