Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Natural Hair Color

Small vent...

I'm really starting to get aggravated at the random strangers that walk up and ask me if I dye my kid's hair. Today at the zoo a seemingly intelligent woman sat next to me on a bench while our kids played. She asked me if DS's hair was naturally that color or did I dye it. Who in their right mind dyes a child's hair? These idiots are really starting to tick me off. It's like they've never seen a kid with red hair before.

vent over... Thanks.

Advertisement

, ,
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural Hair Color

What the hell?? These people asking you that must be watching that pagent show!! I can't imagine the look on your face
Old 08-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've gotten that my whole life. My mom got it from the day she left the hospital. She would be snarky and say 'yes I am endangering my newborn by dying her hair, I'm obviously a terrible mother'. Just answer and head the other way.

Do random strangers touch your kids hair yet? I still deal with this sitting at a restaurant, bowling alley... where and some random person will touch my hair. Freaks me out but I should be used to it by now.

Oh and I'm a red head too! It's starting to get lighter so it has coppery streaks though it atm which I kinda like.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

It is a great colour! I would totally dye my hair that colour... not my kids' though.

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieJJ View Post
I've gotten that my whole life. My mom got it from the day she left the hospital. She would be snarky and say 'yes I am endangering my newborn by dying her hair, I'm obviously a terrible mother'. Just answer and head the other way.

Do random strangers touch your kids hair yet? I still deal with this sitting at a restaurant, bowling alley... where and some random person will touch my hair. Freaks me out but I should be used to it by now.
They only random people that have touched his hair so far are the little old oriental ladies that bag groceries at the commissary (military grocery store). Red hair is outside of their cultural norm and exotic to them....or so it's been explained to me.

I've been asked if I dye my hair all my life too, but I'm a strawberry blond. I got really snarky in college about it and would tell people yes, and they do eyelashes too! The only time I had people want to touch my hair was when I was in Mexico 20 years ago as a teenager.

I guess I just didn't expect people to be so blasted stupid!
, ,

Last edited by Dandelion; 08-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
What the hell?? These people asking you that must be watching that pagent show!! I can't imagine the look on your face
Yea... I hadn't thought of that. I saw the end of one show while waiting for something else to come on... Must be the same nut jobs that spray tan their 18 month olds.
, ,

Last edited by Dandelion; 08-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why do people always think red hair is fake? I got asked today where ds got his strawberry blond. Her family is filled with red heads- probably why she didn't ask if it was dyed. My hair looks brown, but if its lightened at all its strawberry blond. I used to get asked all the time what my natural color was. My hair keeps getting darker, so no one asks anymore.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Why do people always think red hair is fake? I got asked today where ds got his strawberry blond. Her family is filled with red heads- probably why she didn't ask if it was dyed. My hair looks brown, but if its lightened at all its strawberry blond. I used to get asked all the time what my natural color was. My hair keeps getting darker, so no one asks anymore.
When I was out with my mom once when I was around 9-10. Someone asked where I got my blond hair. My mom, who is brown haired and brown eyed and apparently also tired of the questions, said... The Mail Man.
, ,
Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

my middle dd had spirally curly hair when she was younger. I was asked all the time if I permed it. We were often stopped & asked that or people would comment on her hair.

we learned to love hats just so I could get my shopping done.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

The question isn't completely stupid....I've seen tons of kids around here with highlights, as young as 4.... But rarely boys.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote