Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #21
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural Hair Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeding View Post
DD is 4yo now, and the other day someone asked where her red hair came from. Her response - "It grows out of my head." Out of the mouths of babes
I'll have to remember this one!

Advertisement

, ,
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpmercury View Post
I have three red heads and I never been asked that. I am asked where they get it from and how did I end up with three with red hair but no one asked if it was real or if it was dyed. Some people mention they would love to have that color or people would pay to dye their hair that color.
I have two redheads, and DH and I do not have red hair. We finally got a blondie on the third try, LOL!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #23
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

It's not just red heads...I've gotten quite a few people asking me if my daughter's hair is natural. Her hair is super white blonde. I've always been confounded by the question..really? you think I'm going to bleach my baby's hair???

her hair is also curly and people always seem to just naturally touch it when they comment about it. As long as they aren't all creepy looking, I guess that hasn't bothered me much (not as much as say, strangers touching my belly when I'm preggo).
Old 08-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #24
sisterof10
Registered Users

Well, add brunettes to the list too. When my LOs were newborns up until around 9 months, their hair stood straight up in a mohawk(and they were born with a lot of hair...). But for some reason, the tips were always copper while the rest was dark brown.

Not only did I get asked all the time if it was real, but I was amazed at how many moms wanted the inside scoop on "who" did their hair so they could get their kids' done the same way.
sisterof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #25
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, this is what I have to look forward to? lol! My 4 month old DS is a red-head!

Are you or DH red-heads? Both DH and I have brown hair. We both have 2 male cousins with red hair, but not a close relative.

People are so dumb sometimes! I had a woman ask if I permed DD's hair once. I flet the same way as you - who DOES that to a 2 year old? And I've had several people ask me if I curled her hair in her pig tails (that would make sense to me that people might do that for pictures of something, but I'm talking when we are at the playground in play clothes! lol!)

Next time that happens I dare ya to just look a the person and say, exasperated, "Do people REALLY dye their 3-year-old's hair?!" DUH people!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #26
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

People are dumb.

Both of my dd's are redheads, we've never gotten that question, but we constantly get asked "where do they get their red hair from?" It's basic genetics people, you probably learned all about it in 7th grade.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
mrsmusic
Registered Users
seller

Oh, my baby is blonde, and I am not white. I'm a little afraid to see what people say when he enters toddlerhood...
Bri helpmeet to Chaise (9/10/11). Attachment parenting, no circ, no longer vaccinating, pro-life, Christian, homeschooling preemie mama to K (27wks on 2/17/07) AIH Type 1 with PSC overlap and M (33wks on 3/4/09) Gluten Freeand A (37 weeks! on 2/3/11)
Follow my blog: Music Notes
mrsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote