Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taking bfed 4 month old on 4 day weekend trip to beach - what to bring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I'm no help, I pack half the house. Remember what ever you forget that you absolutely need, you can get there so if its just a breastfeeding issues - just make sure your husband doesn't forget you and neither one of you forget the baby.

I'd bring a PNP for sleeping as when we've stayed at hotels their cribs were not safe which is how we ended up with ours.
haha exactly my issue ~ i pack too much

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
I've taken trips with cloth and sposies and either way. It depends on how many dipes you have, if you have to do laundry, how many times. we were staying with family and DS was EBF so I was able to use their facilities. It was quick and easy I got a sample of detergent since I knew I only needed one load.

Staying in the hotel was the hard part. We had a really soft bed, and it made me feel like DS was going to get lost in the fluff. If you don't co-sleep, I can see this being easier, as they will loan you a crib (call to see if they will loan you a crib )

Otherwise, be sure to pack the things YOU need! Snacks, water, a pillow if you use one to nurse. Plenty of extra breastpads and lanolin if you need it. Convenient clothes to nurse in. I got caught off guard with all the going here and there and got kind of dehydrated and hungry and was overwhelmed and crabby.

Remind traveling buddies (DH or whoever) that you are traveling with a baby. They know, but they don't really *know*. DH wouldn't stop talking about how our 4 hour drive was taking 6... well, duh honey. We have to stop every hour to nurse or soothe a crying baby. We also have to feed a nursing mom. Did you think this would be the straight up timed trials of our youth? And while I was nursing a wailing DS in the dark in a rest stop BIL kept asking if I was "done yet so we can get back on the road because it's x o'clock". WTH buddy.
Hahahahaha! Sorry but that is too funny lol BIL obviously didnt get it. I took ds to massachusetts for a wedding and my mother told me she couldnt pull over for me to nurse because 'the exit is only 15 miles away.' Then it was both me and ds throwing the hissy fit until she pulled over. lol! Im adopted and so is my only sibling that she is also a mother to so shes never nursed before. She planned to just let him cry. eeeep.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the great suggestions mamas ~ I feel a bit better about packing now. Now to do diaper laundry so we can go sposie free all weekend.