Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Giving up on CDing...

I'm there. Our system works fine. As bad as it sounds I just don't feel like messing with it any more. We've been using cloth exclusively since November and I've LOVED it up to this point. We went out of town last week and used sposies for the first time since our switch. It was so nice to not have to think about how much of each "thing" to bring, how/when/where they'll need to be washed, not explaining to helpful family how to put the diaper on or worrying about toting around the dirties. I broke out another "emergency" pack of sposies now that we're home and am considering selling off the majority of our stash, buying a few cases of sposies and carrying on. I've been using the sposies at home, while DH is at work. I'm pretty sure he'll stroke out if I tell him I'm sick of the cloth after all the money and time we've put into them.

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
Sunny_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hugs mama. I hear you loud and clear. I have great stash of MEOS in stay dry and civers and BG 4.0s that work awesome but my ppd/ppa has come back bad recently and the laundry became too much. So I am currently using sposies diapers, wipes and a diaper genie. I feel guilty but I need to worry about my sanity and my relationship with my children (born and unborn) before diaers. Will I go back? Only time will tell how I feel. Don't feel bad mama, your mothering ability has nothing to do with what your child poops in, its the love and attention you show them. So take a break and go from there.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama- and something that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that LOs go through stages of heavy wetting. Some stay heavy wetters, but some kinda grow out of it. DD is a heavy wetter in the morning when she first gets up and at naptime. She gets super stuffed dipes at those times. It will work it's self out eventually. Hang in there mama, and I agree with some of the other mamas so get a trail pack or go for PFs/Flats + covers.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #24
umajo
Registered Users
seller

I also would recommend taking a break and if you want to, try some prefolds or fitteds with a good cover. IME ai2's and aio's leak far more than something with a separate cover.

Also hemp is very absorbent and a good choice for heavy wetters. Ds is 10 months and a heavy wetter (not crazy heavy though), and a large thirsties hemp pf can hold him for about 5 hours (not that he usually goes that long) before it's totally saturated.

Nikky and niji covers are very gentle on chubby thighs and also come in a breathable version (might help with rashes).

I find meos or sandys and airflow covers are super reliable too (although not super trim ) and ok for chubby thighs as long as you fasten the airflow cover loosely around their legs.

Cd'ing really is enjoyable once you find what works for you. I'm sorry you've been having a tough time with it.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #25
kikitree
Registered Users
seller
seller

If I had only tried AI2 and pockets, I'd have given up too. They do nothing but leak ALL over the place. I've only tried BGE for AIO and it worked but I cannot afford a whole stash of BGE ($25 times 50).

My DD still nurses all day and night long and she floods in the morning. She has super chubby thighs and buddha belly. What works for us is wool covers and fitteds. No leaks, ever.
kikitree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #26
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to suggest you take a break, list the crap you don't want or need on FSOT and buy some prefolds to trifold in covers!
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #27
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJordan85 View Post
mama- and something that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that LOs go through stages of heavy wetting. Some stay heavy wetters, but some kinda grow out of it. DD is a heavy wetter in the morning when she first gets up and at naptime. She gets super stuffed dipes at those times. It will work it's self out eventually. Hang in there mama, and I agree with some of the other mamas so get a trail pack or go for PFs/Flats + covers.
This is so true! My dd went through a heavy wetter phase as well, probably when she was 1 and lasted through the summer of that year. ( I think she was drinking more) Then she grew out of it and it was so nice to be able to use all my diapers again.

I hope things get easier for you guys, whichever route you decide to take.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #28
rescueremedies
Banned

I think about it everyday at this point. Now just ready for potty training. I just can't get away from cloth because I hate sposies!
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll agree w some of the PPs and say go simple w prefolds and covers. I've never had problems w my prefolds
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My guy has chubby legs and a smaller waist. We use BG 4.0 and Blueberry and we have no issues! I know nothing about prefolds/flats and covers so I can't comment on that. But I say do what makes you happy. We started CDing when DS was 8 months on a total whim, and luckily it's worked out great for us! I hope you find what works for you, whether it be cloth or sposies