Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where can we go for vacation?

My almost 6 year old really wants to go on an airplane. My oldest, 12, has special needs and uses a wheelchair... flying with her is incredibly difficult so I think I am going to take my two younger dd's and go somewhere for a weekend sometime soon. The question is, where? The baby is 6 months. It has to be somewhere inexpensive but fun, and somewhere that I can manage with the two little ones by myself, since dh will be staying with older dd.

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Where can we go for vacation?

I think that I would choose a place nearby with a 60ish minute flight. Take the 6yo with me and have DH and the 12yo and 6mo meet us there.

That way your kiddo gets her flight and your 12yo doesn't get left out and you get to have a family vacation.

Really, any city that has an airport probably has a children's museum or something similar that you can enjoy with the whole family.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I think that I would choose a place nearby with a 60ish minute flight. Take the 6yo with me and have DH and the 12yo and 6mo meet us there.

That way your kiddo gets her flight and your 12yo doesn't get left out and you get to have a family vacation.

Really, any city that has an airport probably has a children's museum or something similar that you can enjoy with the whole family.
I agree with this. I wouldn't want to leave the 12yo out b/c she had special needs. I'm on my phone so can see your location. I would suggest an hour my flight as well.... Keep it close and simple.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the others! And you should come to the twin cities! There's lots to do here, and it'll be a short flight/drive. Let me know if you want ideas
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. These are good ideas!

I am in the Chicago area, sorry I forgot to mention that

I will definitely keep the possibility of having dh and my other two dds meeting us somewhere close. I hadn't even thought of that! On the other hand, (and I go hide under a chair now) it might be nice to have some time with just the younger two. I would love to take just Amira (the almost 6 year old) but I can't leave the baby just yet.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

there's no reason to hide under a chair just because you want to take your middle child on a special trip. Middle children often need extra attention even when they're not in a family with a 'special needs' sibling. They're not the oldest, they're not the baby - they need to feel special.