Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Exercise?!

So anyone actually able to continue with their normal exercise regimen at this point? I tried to do my usual work out yesterday and had to stop TWO exercises in because I was sure I was going to pass out. Then I had to sit there for almost 30 minutes feeling sick and lightheaded til it passed. So I guess no exercise for me for now.

This happens to me so far with every pregnancy, I know we are increasing our blood by 50% or something and blood vessels are opening up but Im hoping I can try again soon. I wanted to stay in shape for this pregnancy.

Anyone else try to exercise? Or is it really just too early?

Advertisement

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 08-10-2011 at 12:46 PM.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Exercise?!

I haven't exercised since February. I was doing so good but got sick and then allergies kicked in. I cant barely sit without getting lightheaded so exercise is definately out.

If I could eat something it would probably help. Also, the heat!! It's sooooo hot but everyone else is fine
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had been running & doing yoga but stopped when I found out I'm pg. It's way too hot in Texas for me to run outside as I've been getting dehydrated & sick just walking around out there. With yoga, I'm not for sure on the safe positions to do (i think you're not supposed to do inversions or twists) so until I know for sure I'm not risking it. I do plan to do some light exercises as I feel better though. I'm like you, I wanted to stay in shape this time around!

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once this fatigue and m/s slows down a bit, I'll get back on my elliptical. Right now, I've been using my exercise time to take naps.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I hear you on the naps. I used to exercise during naptime. Now that is a no go.

I was thinking of trying some prenatal yoga or something when Im feeling better. I have never done that, anyone ever tried it? Do you feel like it helped?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never tried prenatal yoga even though I would like to.

When preggo with my boys I gained a lot of weight. I was determined with #3 not to. I had changed my diet a lot before getting preggo but when I got preggo had cut out all fast food and soda. I only gained 40lbs with her. I didn't exercise at all that pregnancy. I started exercising afterwards as soon as I could and was at normal weight really fast (for me anyways).

I don't know how much I will exercise this time or if I will at all. I will go to the gym and swim but I haven't really considered that exercise since it's mostly floating and getting all the weight off my body!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
crunch!910
Registered Users

Before I became pregnant, I completed a full round of P90X in an effort to get into shape and lose weight. I also started running int he mornings before work (for extra cardio and to wake myself up more because I have a hard time staying awake behind the wheel on my 30 min commute).

So far, I've kept up running every day except for twice in the past three weeks. Today was one of those days,... because I didn't have a sports bra clean this morning!

I've still been doing P90X as well some of the time. I don't do Yoga (hate it), and I am not doing the Plyometrics (think that one is probably too strenuous), but I still do all the weight training. All my weights are 12lbs and under. I still want to tone my legs and arms throughout this pregnancy, so do those workouts full of push ups, pull ups on bands, arms, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and legs exercises too.

I also will likely get back into water aerobics to keep myself active if I find myself getting lazy. I also intend to get a prenatal workout DVD.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Never tried prenatal yoga even though I would like to.

When preggo with my boys I gained a lot of weight. I was determined with #3 not to. I had changed my diet a lot before getting preggo but when I got preggo had cut out all fast food and soda. I only gained 40lbs with her. I didn't exercise at all that pregnancy. I started exercising afterwards as soon as I could and was at normal weight really fast (for me anyways).

I don't know how much I will exercise this time or if I will at all. I will go to the gym and swim but I haven't really considered that exercise since it's mostly floating and getting all the weight off my body!
I know what you mean. I don't want to gain a TON of weight this pregnancy and I want to be in good shape for an easier birth. (hopefully) and easier to get into the swing post birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Before I became pregnant, I completed a full round of P90X in an effort to get into shape and lose weight. I also started running int he mornings before work (for extra cardio and to wake myself up more because I have a hard time staying awake behind the wheel on my 30 min commute).

So far, I've kept up running every day except for twice in the past three weeks. Today was one of those days,... because I didn't have a sports bra clean this morning!

I've still been doing P90X as well some of the time. I don't do Yoga (hate it), and I am not doing the Plyometrics (think that one is probably too strenuous), but I still do all the weight training. All my weights are 12lbs and under. I still want to tone my legs and arms throughout this pregnancy, so do those workouts full of push ups, pull ups on bands, arms, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and legs exercises too.

I also will likely get back into water aerobics to keep myself active if I find myself getting lazy. I also intend to get a prenatal workout DVD.
Wow that is so impressive! I had gotten into pretty good shape pre pregnancy with weights and cardio and I tried to do just two sets of weight lifting excersises and almost passed out. I wish I could do what you are doing. In my last ddc there was a hard core biker who biked like 30 miles a day til she was 7 months pregnant. Ahh well I guess Im not going to be like her this pregnancy.

I am definitely going to look into prenatal workouts soon.