Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Looking ahead?

Next April DH and I will have our 10th anniversary. We'd love to do a trip alone together. I plan on ebf til a year and then let ds decide, so it's likely he won't be weaned by then. He's pretty attached right now and refusing any bottles so I'm sure we'll make it.

Ds will be 1 in march. We can be flexible with our trip making it anytime during the year but we would need to plan ahead.

Have any of you been away for about a week? Did your baby go back to nursing or did you use it as a time to wean?

My main goal is 1 year. More is great but I don't think I will push hard for 2 years but would be okay with it too. I don't want to go beyond 2, just personal preference I guess.

I would just feel awful if my inlaws had a difficult time with ds because I left a nursing baby. I'm even thinking they wouldn't agree to keep our kids if I was still nursing.

Anyway just looking for tips or ideas of how it could work?

Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Looking ahead?

If you have within your budget, maybe you could bring a sitter with you. They could take care of your LO for blocks of time, but still be near enough if he needs his Momma. Just a thought...
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
kneadedmommato4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have been away several times for work for anywhere from 2 to 9 days. Even the 9 day trip DD went right back to nursing without any fuss. She took bottles just fine while I was gone, though she has to do that for daycare even while I am here, so she is used to it.

DH and I are going away for a week for our anniversary in January. I'm kind of hoping to be done nursing by then, but haven't really started weaning yet, so who knows.
Mom to 2007 and 2010.
Swimmingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Registered Users

DH and I went on a trip for our 10 year anniversary when my LO was 14 months old. We took the kids with us, and my parents. My parents watched the kids so we could do stuff alone sometimes, but we were still all together much of the time. It worked out very well for us. I was just not ready to leave my kids for a week, particularly my little one.
-Alicia, mommy to
Munchkin (5/19/06) and Sweets (4/25/09)
CEVmommy is offline   Reply With Quote