Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O how many had their iud fall out?

Mine didn't fall out but I was told to check the strings every month. So I am guessing if that is recommended its not that uncommon for them to come out? Never questioned it and I never checked- strings were long enough for dh to feel, he didn't like that so much, but we knew it was still there.

I know 2 people who are IUD babies -same mom. Hers did not fall out just moved. IUD's are not for everyone.

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine fell out enough in the end that I ended up pulling it out with minimal effort. I could feel half of the shaft sticking out. I was worried how reliable it really was. The strings were only a fingertip long and every couple of months I could feel it sticking WAY out and I would push it back up, the rest of the time it was off doing its own thing and I couldn't feel it with my fingers but always was hyper aware of its position inside of me if that makes sense.

I often felt pinching/tugging in my uterus and would have to change positions a number of times until it went away. While I enjoyed the peace of mind the Mirena gave me, I am pretty sure it was only effective because of the first 4 months of continuous bleeding that made me avoid DTD, and the persistent discomfort that I felt from it every time we DTD made me avoid it like the plague. Despite the lack of BC right now, I am LOVING my sex life without it. (since I actually have one again) I really regret having it put in, and then having put up with it for so long. I think it was just over a year and a half when I ended up removing it.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I "lost" 2. One mirena and one paragaurd. I had ruled them out so I was surprised to read the pp who was trying for the 4th time.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajiggles View Post
I couldn't feel it with my fingers but always was hyper aware of its position inside of me if that makes sense.

I often felt pinching/tugging in my uterus and would have to change positions a number of times until it went away.
See now- every time I said to someone I can feel it inside my uterus I got crazy looks. No one ever believed me, but I could feel it most of the time- it even interfered with some exercises I did because I was scared it might puncture my uterus. Defiantly won't be getting another.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
laurenmichelle
Registered Users
seller

so I have been crampy and today noticed my strings are much longer...like almost hanging out of me (tmi)...called my mw but they can't see me until wednesday next week.ugh. I think mine is trying to run away from home.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmichelle View Post
I think mine is trying to run away from home.
Sorry, but you worded that so funny. Hope you get it straightened out.