Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby monitor recs

I need a recommendation on a good baby moniter. The one we have is just a walmart cheapie and it makes horrible fuzzy noises like interference kinda but there is nothing there to interfere. We just built on to our house and the bedrooms are now on the other side of the house from my kitchen/livingroom so i HAVE to have one for her naptimes. At night our master bedroom is right across the hall from DDs room so i can hear her but during the day i wont be able to very well when im in the kitchen.
So I need a good one that goes a good distance, is fairly cheap $40-60?? and would prefer from babies r us because i have a coupon.
So link away!!!!

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Basilsmommy
Registered Users

Re: Baby monitor recs

We have the Sony BabyCall. My husband actually wanted this one bc one of the reviews had said you could hear the baby's bowel movements on it and he thought that was funny. It really is that awesome though. On even very low settings you can hear everything. The monitor is set up on his dresser across the room from him and you can still hear it all! We haven't had any problems with interference or anything and we frequently even take it outside when we are working in the yard or my husband is working on the cars.
Basilsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilsmommy View Post
We have the Sony BabyCall. My husband actually wanted this one bc one of the reviews had said you could hear the baby's bowel movements on it and he thought that was funny. It really is that awesome though. On even very low settings you can hear everything. The monitor is set up on his dresser across the room from him and you can still hear it all! We haven't had any problems with interference or anything and we frequently even take it outside when we are working in the yard or my husband is working on the cars.
Thats the one I was looking at but the reviews on babiesrus say its horrible! Good to know it works though.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

We have the sony baby call too. Never have an issue with it and it is on 24/7 for a year or more now. Love it!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
Basilsmommy
Registered Users

The reviews on Target were really good. That's weird that Babies R Us had bad reviews!
Basilsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the sony monitor - we're actually on our 2nd and it's about to die. It is absolutely crystal clear and has a ton of channels so you never get interference. It has a tendoncy to beep sometimes but change the direction the receiver is facing and it solves the problem.

Our first one the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore so we replaced it - with a cheap monitor and quickly went back for another sony. We were terrible about charging the battery long before it died on that one and have since learned to let it completely die before charging it and you'll have no issues with it. We had it 3 years though.

Our current sony drives me batty and we need to replace it. We've had it 3 1/2 years and it beeps all the time. It takes me 10 minutes to find an angle it doesn't beep at. This just started happening in the last month. We're debating if we'll use a monitor long enough to justify another sony right now.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had graco imonitors (the 2 receiver ones) for 5 years. Actually 2 sets of them set up in both kids rooms and never had issues. Until like 6 months ago and the older of the 2 seemed to be going so we replaced it with a Sony baby call. No complaints on the sony here. I think we will pick up a second set (with 2 receivers) if/when the other graco goes.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

We use the Sony BabyCall and it works just fine, even from 2nd floor to 1st floor. The voice activated mode is great, so it doesn't pick up all the room noise.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
Belle1002
Registered Users

My Mood:
Another vote for Sony! The range isn't great outside, but I just put it on the deck and turn the volume up when I'm hanging up laundry.

Loving life with our very energetic 2 year old b/g twins!
Belle1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow thanks ladies!! Weird that there were so many bad reviews on the SONY Babycall on Babiesrus.com . I wonder why???