Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #11
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you use cloth wipes? And what's your fav type if you do?

I agree with every pp that says "easier"I have used cloth wipes for all of our babies. I used to use single layer flannel but needed a few and poop would sometimes come through the wipe. Now I have the double sided flannel/terry cotton wipes in the 1/2 size from Green Mountain and really like them. I usually wet them with warm water, not dripping but pretty wet on my way to the bed where I change DD(or a big kid will get them). I wipe most of the poop on to the diaper. I have Earth Mama Angel Baby foaming wash and I will pump alittle on to the wipe to clean her bum and then wipe with a clean wet one. I have used just water and sometimes sprays but our current system is best for us. HTH

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
universe2
Registered Users
seller

i wasn't so sure about the whole cloth wipes thing either BUT it's is SO MUCH EASIER than wet disposable wipes! with disposable wipes i have to use like 5 wipes and i get poo all over everything it takes forever, his butt turns red from me wiping him so many times, and he cries and it's just bad all around... i started using cloth wipes and i only have to use ONE wipe its SO NICE =) and his butt doesn't turn bright red, and he doesn't cry during diaper changes anymore so i LOVE my cloth wipes! my LO is only 2 weeks old and we go out alot about 3 times a week since i have a big family we always have some kids thing to go to, and even while out and about i use cloth wipes i just carry a sprayer bottle with water and wet the wipe or wet his butt just a little bit and everything comes off super easy

my fav wipes are small wonders wipes http://www.smallwonderswipes.com/
i have about 50 of them and i still want more! and honestly you don't need the full sized wipes newborns are so tiny i barely use half of a wipe i feel like i'm wasting it lol so the travel sized ones are AWESOME!

i also bought other brands of bamboo velour, and flannel.. i hate flannel wipes they look ratty after a few washes and don't hold up well and don't wipe poo off as good

the best cloth is velour or sherpa, sherpa is awesome for scrubbing, but not as soft as velour! i use my velour wipes for EVERYTHING even as doublers in his diapers because they are just so soft and absorbent

sorry this is so long hope it helps!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
KoalaHuggerz
Registered Users
Formerly: ShowJumperJen
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas for your opinions!!
KoalaHuggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
shoopmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes!They are way easier! I use the flannel/minkee ones I had made from a mama here on DS I also use kissaluv's diaper spray with them!

Last edited by shoopmommy; 08-10-2011 at 09:41 PM.
shoopmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
gardenmama76
Registered Users
seller

Small Wonders Wipes! The velour/velour ones are great! I had the velour/sherpa, and they've held up but the sherpa gets a little too crunchy for my liking. I've had my velour/velour ones for over a year now, with enough that they are probably washed every 4 days, and they are still in solid shape! About once every 2 weeks or so (less frequently in the beginning) I hit them with some ecover fabric softener to keep them soft. Really quite the workhorse of a wipe! I've also got some thirsties which are just as great, but more expensive.
gardenmama76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #16
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethan_77 View Post
Much easier and better than sposie wipes. I like katedanzer here on ds.
:ditto:
here is a link to her WAHM thread
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=656999
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #17
gardenmama76
Registered Users
seller

Oh I also use babybits wipes solution. I pop one each in 2 mason jars, heat in the microwave with a little water to dissolve, and fill the jars the rest of the way with water. Then I have a tupperware that I put the wipes stack in, wet them one by one, and put the stack in my prince lionheart warmies wipes warmer (highly recommend!). It takes about a jar and a half to wet a stack of my thick, plush wipes that fits in the warmer.
gardenmama76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

I like both. I have some Gerber washcloths which are my favorites, then some single ply flannel ones that I got from Etsy which were cheap and work really nicely. I have one Goodmama that is coming unserged after only about 9 months of use, so I don't reccomend those. As for disposable ones, my favorites are the Up&Up ones from Target. I keep a pack in the diaper bag because I don't bring cloth wipes out and about, and another pack with me when I'm changing a poopy diaper in case I didn't wet enough cloth wipes to finish the job. I've always thrown disposable wipes in with the diapers and never had them disintegrate or make a mess in the laundry, and I've used many different kinds.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
MrsA08
Registered Users
seller

I use the OsoCozy wipes from amazon. They are about $9 plus shipping for 15. I have about 40 of them. They are flannel, and pretty thin, but I like them. I haven't tried anything else, but these work and they're inexpensive, so I stick with them. Actually, I take that back, I tried the cheap baby washrags from walmart and I hate them. I only use cloth wipes, even when I go out. I have a shampoo like bottle that fits in the side of my diaper bag that I put water and 12 drops of grapefruit seed extract in. A lot of times when I'm at home I just wet the wipes in the sink.
The one time I tried using disposable wipes on my DD she screamed her head off, like they were burning her or something, it was really strange, so I never tried it again.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #20
stephanie5247
Registered Users
seller

I use some flannel that I had laying around. I just get it wet in the sink before I change her diaper and clean her up with it. I only use those about 50% of the time, the rest of the time I still use disposables. I can't decide which way I prefer
stephanie5247 is offline   Reply With Quote