Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
yellowrose28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
really bad rash on her "girl" parts...WHAT TO DO?!

We recently went back to cloth after not for about 8 months. I washed her dipes that we still had and have been using them. She now has a really bad rash on her girly parts! What should I do? What should I put on it? Should I strip the dipes? How do I do that? ARGH! I love cloth, but this is making me want to stop! HELP!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
Dramagal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: really bad rash on her "girl" parts...WHAT TO DO?!

That's so frustrating, I know, mama! Hang in there! It might be your detergent. My DD breaks out with most CD detergent (just on her diapers, she isn't sensitive to any detergent on her clothes). I used original Tide and it helped her. Now I make the Duggar detergent and that is fine on her too.

Strip the diapers then try switching detergent. I can't remember exactly how much I used when I stripped, but I think it was 1 tablespoon of Dawn then rinse like 3 times (basicall until there are no more suds).

As for the rash, no matter what I have always had great luck with just plain ole cornstarch. CJ's butter is also good, but nothing works like cornstarch. HTH!
Kristin, wife to TJ and SAHM to Ezri,2, and her beautiful twin in heaven (8/09) and a drug-exposed foster baby (4/12) (currently #5)
Dramagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
yellowrose28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when you say cornstartch, I just put it on her dry or mix it with water or what?! We are using original tide now. We use it for a lot, so I am not sure if it is that. So I put water in the washer-hot or cold? And then a squirt of dawn and run a cycle? THen would I wash normal or then just dry them with no other washing?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
nasladybug
Registered Users
seller

Location: foothills of the Appalachian Moutains - North Georgia
My Mood:

My advice would be to hot wash with no soap or detergent at all for 3 cycles; then do a dawn cycle then a few more hot cycles to get the dawn out. Or if you do not think you have oil or detergent buildup, skip the dawn alltogether. HTHs!

We Jesus!
nasladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tide has fragerence and that could be causing it. My DD's are extremely sensitive. Not sure what dipes you have but if you do pockets or AIO's I'd do a bleach and use a different detergent. That way it will kill everything in your dipes if bacteria is causing it. We can only use PLanet ultra liquid in my house due to sensitive skin.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
yellowrose28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, so how do I bleach?!