Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Have you planned how you're going to tell?

This pregnancy was unplanned, but I still want to do a creative announcement. DD and DS birthday's are both coming up, and I'll be about 10 weeks so I think it's a good time to "reveal". I'm going to make DS a shirt that has a "2" on it, and DD a shirt with a "1". Then I'll make a shirt for myself that has a "3" on the belly. DS will be turning 2, so I don't think anyone will "get it" right away.

Anyone else have their plans yet?

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Have you planned how you're going to tell?

My sister and our best friend, whom I told FIRST:

I got a folded/fringed photo frame for two photos. I printed a picture of my sister and DS, and our friend with DS, and I put them each on the left side of each frame. On the right side, I printed on paper and put it inside "Photo Coming In 9 Months!" They loved it!

For DH's mom and grandma: put DS in a "I'm going to be a big brother!" shirt and visited. I LOVED seeing their expression change as they read the shirt and it settled into their head.

For MY mom: Got a photo frame that said "grandkids" on it. I intended to hand it to her and say, "I got you a picture frame, but the photo of BOTH your grandchildren together will have to wait for another 9 months." Unfortunately, that announcement was ruined, but it was such a cute idea!

for my grandparents: I took a picture of DS in his "I'm going to be a big brother!" shirt and sent it in the mail.

For my employer: I regularly bring in pictures of DS to show my boss and coworkers. I brought in the picture of DS in his big brother shirt. Again, I LOVED watching their expression change as they read his shirt.

And just today I shared that same picture on my facebook wall.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought significant other a book called "dads guide to pregnancy" put the tests inside and put them in his duffle bag (we're going camping this weekend and hadn't finished packing yet" when he got home from work I suggested we continue packing and when he opened his bag he saw the book than felt the tests and almost cried!

For my mom: her birthdays next month, I'm hoping I would of had my frist ultrasound by then. I want to get a picture frame that says I love grandma in it with a pic of an ultrasound.

Brother: planning on getting him a I love uncle shirt or bib.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
jdeemarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

These are some really great ideas. OnAnnaTime - I love the idea of the numbered shirts!

With my DS1, we told DD first. It was her birthday so, as a gift for her, I wrapped up a bib that said, "I love my big sister" and a couple pacifiers. It took her a few seconds to figure it out (she was just turning 11 years old). Then we let DD share the news with the rest of the familly, she loved being the bearer of good news.

With my DS2, we bought my oldest son a shirt that said, "I'm going to be a big brother" and dressed him in it. My daughter (who was 13 at the time) immediately caught on. We took a picture of DD holding DS in his shirt and sent them to the rest of the family.

I have no idea what we'll do for this one... obviously we'll tell DD first, maybe we'll let her help us come up with a creative idea for telling the rest of the family. I still have the "big brother" shirt... I might put the youngest in it... I'm definitely going to be watching this thread and hoping to get some great ideas from the rest of you.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAnnaTime View Post
This pregnancy was unplanned, but I still want to do a creative announcement. DD and DS birthday's are both coming up, and I'll be about 10 weeks so I think it's a good time to "reveal". I'm going to make DS a shirt that has a "2" on it, and DD a shirt with a "1". Then I'll make a shirt for myself that has a "3" on the belly. DS will be turning 2, so I don't think anyone will "get it" right away.

Anyone else have their plans yet?
That's what we did! I owed my MIL and Mom some pics so I just slipped this one in towards the end. My MIL didn't get it at first, my mom did. Then we texted it to siblings and posted it on FB and most everyone got it.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cute ideas! I put an iron-on transfer that said "1 of 2" on a t-shirt for DS. We've used it twice so far - a couple more times to go Everyone gets it immediately!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think we are just going to get T a 'Big Brother' tshirt. I can't wait to be able to tell our friends & family, but we are holding out for awhile longer.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Cute ideas...We are going to try and wait to tell people IRL for a while still. It's just kinda fun to have a secret all to ourselves. Yes, we are that greedy! DH wants to "train" (his words) DD to tell people. What is cuter than a soon to be 3 year old announcing a new little one
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I blurted it out to DH and my mom. Dh told his parents, I wanted nothing to do with that since I wasn't sure how his dad would react and right now I cannot deal with any negative remarks.

Oh, I also blurted it out to two of my friends. One came over and brought wine. I asked her if she wanted a glass because I couldn't. She knew right away. The other one I just said, we're having another.

For the rest of our friends and family I have no idea. I will try to think of something creative and try to keep my mouth shut
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I told Dh via text message LOL! He knew i was taking a test so I sent him the picture. He then blurted it out to 9 people at his job, used it as ammo in an argument with his mom & said he really wanted ds (5 yo) to know. So we told him & let ds call my parents to tell them. I want to do something clever for Fb or something but haven't really put much thought into it...I like y'alls t shirt ideas though! Oh & I had to tell people at work: I work in a restaurant & had to run to the bathroom a couple times LOL stupid vomiting!

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote