Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
Registered Users
It could be that your lazy boob has a slower let down than the other. My left side has a much slower let down and so DD never wanted to nurse on that side first because she was hungry and wanted her milk fast... make sense!

Nikki* wifey to Randy and SAHM to Kiera 10/29/10, missing my angel baby 06/11, and cautiously expecting another sweet baby June '12.
lovermuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
My left side produces less than my right, but let down is super fast on the lazy side...just not as long!

Rachel + {J} 10.14.06= {Q} 08.09 and {T} 05.11
~We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.~ Laura Stavoe Harm
Zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Registered Users
I can pump twice as much from my right side than my left side. I think I actually have more breast tissue on the better pumping side (it goes up higher and I swear there is some in my underarm, which kind of grosses me out). But nursing wise I tend to think of the left, worse-pumping side as "better"--in my mind that boob is more responsive and the milk keeps being made and is therefore "fresher".

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Three kiddos -- b/g twins 2007 and YDS 2011
My HBAC story
poppan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Lazy Boob?!

Something happened at my local LLL meeting the other day that made me think of this thread...

Our LLL leader said to the roomful of nursing moms, "Raise your hand if your breasts both produce the same amount of milk."

Not a single hand went up in the room.

At this point, I'm thinking it's NOT normal to produce the same amount on both sides!
Maria, wife to A (5/31/08), Mom to DS1 (8/10), DS2 (6/12), and DD (4/15)
~*Now hand-crafting cute and comfy MAMA CLOTH PADS and DOLL CARRIERS! Visit Simple Pear on Etsy.*~
PerfectFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
Registered Users

I always called it slacker boob, and it's my left. I agree that boob seems to have less milk making machinery... it's slightly smaller even when not lactating and never gets as engorged.
Mama to K, June '07, and T, born Dec '10.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Registered Users

What if you tried taking fenugreek? That'll help increase the amount of milk you produce. Probably won't produce the same on each side but it'll help you make more
greenmommyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote