Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/19-12/25

Morning ladies!

DS is actually sleeping, on the chair, not in my arms, woot! I should be doing something productive like laundry, but whatev

Advertisement

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/19-12/25

Productive? What's that? I spent yesterday sitting on the couch with DD in my arms, knitting and watching football. The dirty laundry is piled up to the ceiling and the cupboards are empty because all the dishes are in the sink waiting to be washed. BUT I got a shower this morning!!!! so I don't really care. The kids are behaving, so I'm enjoying my *me* time.

Last edited by KiltedKingdom; 12-19-2011 at 10:10 AM.
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Seriously. My house is a mess right now. I have tons of laundry to do and my bathroom needs to be cleaned. But I haven't had the time. It's madness. My older 3 kids went to their dad's today for a couple of days so I am going to try to get more done while they are gone. But I spend 90% of my time nursing so we'll see if I manage to have enough free time to do it all!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My house stays a mess! LOL But seriously when our kids look back i doubt they will remember the mess Although I do need to get on the ball and start cleaning mine since my parents are coming in on Thursday and staying with us until Monday.

AFM - DD is sick Bad cold but she is so pitiful she is never sick - never! but now she is I feel so helpless - im not used to sick kids! And DS has congestion but it doesnt seem to bother him ive just been keeping his nose clean and it does the job for him.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Wow, I got the christmas tree (finally) and went to the drug store and grocery store for a few things. I managed to throw something together for dinner and got the boys' food dished out. Then I layed down on the couch to nurse Dd before I ate. The thanks I got for all that? There was no dinner left for me after Dh ate... Guess I should have made more, or maybe anybody could have paid attention to the fact I hadn't eaten yet.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Thia!

I just cleaned my kitchen and the kids room. I think I'll tackle the bathroom and laundry tomorrow. I feel quite accomplished though.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Thia - that happens sometimes to me to. It amazed me one time that DH ate a whole pizza by himself!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry Thia I'd have cried or yelled and made DH make me some dinner!

We wound up meeting a friend at Chik Fil A yesterday so the girls could play. I did nada house work wise Jennifer, you're knitting? I totally haven't gotten there yet. I need to add some length to the sleeves of DS's romper, but who knows if I'll do it.

I need to take a shower today, I think it's been 3 or 4 days, lol. LLL meeting is tonight, so I WILL shower today.

I'm also currently trying to decide if I want to buy some Best Bottom Diapers or the new BG Free Styles. Any opinions??
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thia- I went and bought some canned ravioli to eat when there's not enough food. I loved this stuff when I was a kid, it was a HUGE treat, and I guess I've carried that with me into adulthood. I should just learn to make ravioli, but I'm too lazy (or busy, depending on how you look at it). But yeah, I've had to make myself something *special* because no one left me any food

Jessica- I taught myself how to knit over the summer. I'm working on a sleep sack right now out of acrylic. I made one for dd already, I'll probably sell/gift this one (It's so pretty! The one I made for dd is pastels, this one is jewel tones), I'm just doing it to practice building up speed. I'm also working on some longies (wool) for DS6, but I screwed them up (I'm doing cables down the side and totally forgot that I needed to keep working those as I went down the leg, so I need to undo several rows. Which is okay, because I forgot to increase as much as I was supposed to when I started the leg, so I'm going to start the leg over and get everything right). And yeah, I'm totally averaging 2 showers/week, so I was feeling spoiled yesterday to get one! I don't know anything about Best Bottom Diapers or BG Free Styles. I'm totally loving Alva Baby's for dd, though, and I've decided I HATE velcro.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post
Thia- I went and bought some canned ravioli to eat when there's not enough food. I loved this stuff when I was a kid, it was a HUGE treat, and I guess I've carried that with me into adulthood. I should just learn to make ravioli, but I'm too lazy (or busy, depending on how you look at it). But yeah, I've had to make myself something *special* because no one left me any food

Jessica- I taught myself how to knit over the summer. I'm working on a sleep sack right now out of acrylic. I made one for dd already, I'll probably sell/gift this one (It's so pretty! The one I made for dd is pastels, this one is jewel tones), I'm just doing it to practice building up speed. I'm also working on some longies (wool) for DS6, but I screwed them up (I'm doing cables down the side and totally forgot that I needed to keep working those as I went down the leg, so I need to undo several rows. Which is okay, because I forgot to increase as much as I was supposed to when I started the leg, so I'm going to start the leg over and get everything right). And yeah, I'm totally averaging 2 showers/week, so I was feeling spoiled yesterday to get one! I don't know anything about Best Bottom Diapers or BG Free Styles. I'm totally loving Alva Baby's for dd, though, and I've decided I HATE velcro.
The shower thing made me laugh and feel better. I've been lucky to get more than 5 minutes for a shower right after DH gets home from work.

The food thing happened around here but I tend to get really cranky if I don't have food so now DH will ask before he eats the very last little bit. I wish he would save more sometimes but at least he won't finish the food without asking if I have eaten.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote