Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wink Is this AF or part of PPAF

It has been 3 weeks since I L&D at 17 weeks... I had what seemed like a normal PPAF and at 2 weeks PP I just had some brown toilet tissue staining. This has continued and now at 3 weeks PP everything has started again... Could this be AF or is this still part of the PPAF? Do I need to call my DR? My body acts like a normal AF... lower abdominal cramps and lower back pain as well as moodiness and nausea. After my other full term pregnancies I had a normal period of PPAF and was nursing so my regular AF didn't return for months. Now this time, it was soooo much earlier with no nursling so I am not sure what is 'normal' and what isn't. Am I even making sense??? Thanks for any insight you can give! I would be SOOOO excited if this was my regular AF so that we could start looking forward to next month!

Advertisement

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this AF or part of PPAF

I am very sorry for your loss.

It is possible it is AF, but I'm thinking it is more likely still pp bleeding. PP bleeding usually lasts close to 4wks or longer and can spot off and on like that. Mine bleeding comes and goes for 4wks. Often, if you are especially active, it will trigger more bleeding. Unfortunately, even though you were so early, your body will act pretty much like this was a normal L&D. It is cruel, I know. I wouldn't be inclined to think it is AF unless you stop bleeding for at least 2wks and then start again. But, I don't really have anything to base that time on except that with my first, I bled till 4wks, stopped for 2 and then had AF. (And it totally wasn't fair because I was exclusively nursing and did not want AF at 6wks pp. Bummer!) It was definitely AF. Either way, I hope your cycle returns soon.

On a side note: We are a Christian, Homeschooling family in VA.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 08-20-2011 at 08:11 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is this AF or part of PPAF

Thanks Heather! I had c-sections previously and this one vaginally, so I wasn't sure if it would be different at all. With the others my PP bleed was finished by 3 weeks (I think) and the earliest AF returned was 8 weeks PP. Sorry you got yours so early! That certainly is a bummer!

If you don't mind sharing, what area in VA are you located. We are in the central region outside of Richmond.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote