Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
StarryBugg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question What Gives?! Daycare Leaks!

My lil dude is 4m old on Saturday. He just recently started going to daycare 3 days a week. I specifically bought a stash of aplix AIOs/pockets to make it easy on them (I prestuff the pockets so they don't have to do anything but just put the on him). I also use them at home with no problems at all.

I am having to take 2 and 3 changes of clothing b/c he is leaking so badly there. I don't get it. I have never had a leak before. It can't be the diapers, because I do use some of the same ones at home as well.

What could they be doing wrong? I haven't asked them yet b/c I want to approach it the right way(instead of, "What the heck are yall doing wrong!?!")

I usually send 5 or 6 diapers for a 7-8h stay and they generally use them all... or he'll just have one left. So, I don't think that it's they're not changing him enough?

Any ideas? Could they not be putting on tight enough? Wrong?

Advertisement

StarryBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
ClothDiaperFashionista
Registered Users
Formerly: azzmeg
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Gives?! Daycare Leaks!

I would ask to observe them diapering your child. Maybe they aren't putting them on tight enough. My parents were fastening my aplix aios very loosely, more loosely than they would put a sposie on. They need to be snug.
ClothDiaperFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
LadyofReason
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The few times my MIL has changed my son, she was putting them on too loose. She was afraid of getting them too tight. I'd check for that.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
StarryBugg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!! I will do that!
StarryBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

too loose would be my first thought.

Where is he leaking? Are they pointing his penis down? We had leaks at daycare during naps especially (tummy sleeper) and when I mentioned this and she started doing it no more leaks.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also, in my experience if the wings/tabs of hte diaper are sticking out above the elastic around the sides this will cause leaking. My MIL was keeping my babies (at my house) for the last two weeks and she had lots of leaking. Nearly everyday when I got home the tabs were not tucked in. I know that she was putting them on tight enough because we use snaps and I'd told her how many snaps should show when they're on. I'd check this also!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

We were having leaking issues at my daycare as well and I also found it was becasue they were not putting them on tight enough.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of course it could be the diaper, how they are putting it on, but is he possibly drinking more at daycare? Do you nurse and now he is doing a bottle? Just another thought. My boys tend to drink less at daycare because I nurse and they prefer nursing to bottle, but it could go the other way and then he is simply soaking more. Are the diapers super wet?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We have this same issue, but most of the time they put the diaper on too tight, and it makes the leg holes all weird. They think they have to put it so tight to keep it from leaking, but it just makes it worse. I usually just bring him in a shirt and socks, no shorts -- that way we don't have to worry about it. Once it gets cold out, hopefully the problem will work itself out.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had daycare issues, too. For us, they weren't tucking the front wings far enough around the hips and not changing quite often enough. It also helped a lot when I started turning all the inner material toward the inside of the diaper at the elastic area (BGE's) so no cotton could wick out.