Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

HELP! I have Mastitis & not pumping any milk!

I've been EPing for the last 13.5 months. On Tuesday I got really sick all of a sudden and went to the doctor on Wednesday and was diagnosed with mastitis. I was given a shot of antibiotics and a 7day prescription also. I was too sick to eat or drink much on Tuesday or Wednesday but since then I've been really trying to keep myself hydrated.

Ever since this happened I have started pumping hardly any milk. Tuesday/Wed I'd say I only pumped about 12oz for the whole day (the babies eat almost 60). Then yesterday I pumped about 15oz in the first three pump sessions, but when I pumped right before bed (for 30 minutes nonetheless) I didn't even pump 1/2 an oz. I'm pumping again now and it looks like I'm not going to get an oz this time either.

What can I do to fix this? I ordered some fenugreek to help increase supply after I'm off the antibiotics, but I was thinking I shouldn't take it until I'm finished with this (and the clog is cleared).

Any advice for me? I don't want this to cause me to abruptly end my 'BF'ing.

Advertisement

Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: HELP! I have Mastitis & not pumping any milk!

I would pump more for about 3days to get yoursupply up... It will be hard at first because u will be getting small amounts but over the 3days you will increase ur supply and be able to keep up with the babies
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would pump more for about 3days to get yoursupply up... It will be hard at first because u will be getting small amounts but over the 3days you will increase ur supply and be able to keep up with the babies
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Before I went to the doctor I started pumping every 2hrs b/c I read on KellyMom that was what I needed to do. Then, when I saw my doctor on Wednesday he said I wouldn't need to continue pumping extra. I've been only pumping 3times/day since the babies turned 1, but I have added a 4th pump session. Think I need to go up from that or even to something like every 2hrs?
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote