Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Frustrated with nursing toddler...HELP!

I could have written your post exactly, about my 14 month old DS. He has terrible manners, and a terrible temper if I try to stop him from twisting, pinching, and pulling on my nipple while he nurses! Yesterday I was getting out of the shower and he wanted me to pick him up so I did, and he scootched down and latched on while holding onto my side! DH saw him and about died laughing. He is boobie obsessed.

I have a nursing necklace and haven't been using it, maybe I need to try it again. I try giving him a toy but he just throws it and shoves his hand back in my bra. I actually took a picture the other day cause it's so funny! He just grabs my shirt all the time and tries to stick his hand and/or head down my top whenever he feels like it. Manners time!

Mama to 1 sassy 6 year old, 1 mama's boy, and 1 new baby nursling!
mommajenn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner

Aubrey has been weaned for 2 months and still does this. She was weaned very gently but I guess the boob attachment goes on for a while after. She says "boobs" all day long and wants to play with them constantly. She never tries to nurse she just has to touch, squeeze, and rub them. It does drive me nuts so I limit it to nap and nighttime when we are rocking. Other than that I redirect her. I tell her "no boobs right now" over and over and get her to play with something else.
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Registered Users

I didn't read everyone's responses, but we are going through the same thing.
LunasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #14
Registered Users
I don't allow DS to do any of that, if he tries he win't get to nurse. Like, if he pulls at my shirt I say don't pull on me, let Mommy do it. Once he stops (basically immediately), I allow him to nurse. He has tried to play with my other breast when he was younger and I never let him. If he tried to put his hand toward my other nipple I removed his hand.
Single Mommy to my 3 year old DS born all natural. We are a Cosleeping, Breastfeeding, Babywearing Non-Vaxing DUO!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote