Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
tpb2930
Registered Users
seller

Dieting While BF

As all of you probably know (or knew at one time) you are ready to get your body back after you have baby!! My little guy is 3 mos old and I have started back to the gym 2-3 times a week starting out. I read somewhere to eat no less than 1500 cals/day but about 3days in, he started spitting up after ea feeding. He never did this before. He is so grumpy and I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough or too many veggies? Almost 2 weeks later, he's still spitting up and I havent lost a single pound!!! Is it even worth trying yet??? Any advice is appreciated! TIA :0)

Advertisement

tpb2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

What are ur calories per day? What ate you burning at the gym?

The spitting up could be unrelated, since spitting up is normal and it's not always reflux... You could try eliminating dairy, if you want.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
tpb2930
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dieting While BF

I'm doing right at 1500 cal/day and 30-40 mins on the elliptical (my fitness pal says I'm biting around 600 cal).
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
massie2012
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I first started working out 4mos. after DD was born I would try to nurse her right before I worked out, just incase I had to much lactic acid in my milk. I have heard some mommas having no problems with this but others have. Also are you taking an extra snack, preferrably high protien right after working out? Should help build and repair muscle. When I first started working out I didn't notice a big weight shed, but then my clothes started fitting different. You may be putting on musclewhich weighs more than the fat you're burning of. Good Luck, I know its hard to find the motivation and time with LO but youwill get there!! Also, I don't think his spitting up is related to much to your working out, but I'm no expert......could be lactic acid as I mentioned earlier. Hope this helps.
massie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started weight watchers when ds hit almost 4 months. They've changed their plan a little and almost all fruits and veggies have 0 points! So it makes it easier to fill up on those. As a nursing mom I get 43 points per day and 49 bonus points each week. You earn extra points for exercise too. I do a lot of cycling. I joined the online program as getting to meetings would be challenging. It was only about $55 for 3 months and then it will be about $17/month after that. Once I reach my goal I will probably cancel it but I do like having that accountability. So I might keep it. I don't know. But I've lost about 10lbs so far. It's slow and steady but that's best for me and baby anyway. I was trying to just exercise and wasn't losing any. Even though I know what foods I should eat I wasn't eating the best so I didn't lose. Once I started tracking with WW and really eating better I started to lose. I have about 12-15 more lbs to go.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by massie2012 View Post
When I first started working out 4mos. after DD was born I would try to nurse her right before I worked out, just incase I had to much lactic acid in my milk. I have heard some mommas having no problems with this but others have. Also are you taking an extra snack,but I'm no expert......could be lactic acid as I mentioned earlier. Hope this helps.
I agree with massie! When my dd was one I started going to school to do prerequisites to get into a BSN program and had two hour breaks between classes, one I spend studying the other I spent lifting. I would always stop by the daycare to nurse my dd right before class started since it was oncampus. Anyways, my dd would not nurse after a few gulps if I had just worked out. She would spit the milk out, not spit up but spit it out... I think the lactic acid changes the flavor of the milk and would make your LO eat less in general instead of eat a lot and then spitup. If I waited three hours (maybe not possible because of yourLO's age) she would be fine nursing.
Prehaps you could pump in the morning on days you plan to go to the gym and give a bottle after working out & pump and dump to keep up your supply? Sounds kind of like a pain but it might work at that age.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
tpb2930
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the responses! I upped my cal intake by 300 and cut down on the spinach and harsher veggies and he hasn't spit up once today or yestrday! Yay! Ill keep that in mind about nursing too soon after working out!! Thanks!!!