Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
I would also like to add that something should be said for lack of knowledge and poor guidance from those you trust in the medical profession. My son was preemie, he had issues with my milk, my dr (on base) told me he needed formula. I tried anyway to continue breastfeeding even through major latch issues. I begged to see a lactation consultant which my hospital did not seem to have. I called people listed under LLL for my town which was at the time disbanding and I had no idea and never received a call back from anybody. I gave up and listened to my dr and gave him hypoallergenic formula. It was never once mentioned to me to eliminate anything from my diet. At 3 mo pp we went on WIC because I needed help buying the formula it's obscene how expensive it is. They gave me an appt with their lactation consultant and we attempted to get my body to relactate to no avail. I felt tremendous guilt over not breastfeeding. Not trying harder to get better information. I am now armed with as much education as I could get myself for bf success with this pregnancy. I just want to add that sometimes people just don't have the information that they should and formula is marketed heavily in our society. By other mothers, Dr's, it's in every free baby gift everywhere you register. Our society has made it easy and acceptable not to breastfeed. So although it appears that this mama never tried, you weren't in her pp room at the hospital to hear the Dr's and nurses give her advice. They could have encouraged or enabled that decision.

DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: allergic to breast milk?!

My dd had blood in her stool and I told the dr about it and he said it was probably from straining?
I decided to give up just milk (not all dairy) and she very rarely has the blood in her stool anymore.
He said shed have a lot of other issues if it was from dairy.
I just think it's kinda sad how he just blew it off so quickly, but I dont need a dr to not drink milk.
I replaced it w/almond milk so no big, I know some mamas have to eliminate all dairy.

I do think a lot of people get protein sensitivity and lactose intolerance confused or dont know about the protein issue at all. Also if they cant handle dairy they usually cant handle soy either.
I didnt know about the other more rare allergies though, that sucks, poor babies! I know they suffer a lot before finding a solution.
~Amber, sahm to Caden 02/17/03, and Baby Georgia 1/30/11!
"I'll just have to save him. Because, after all, a person's a person no matter how small." His Body His Choice, Say NO to circumcision! ISO:xbox360 monster jam path of destruction
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote