Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
lea*enchanted
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Yeah!!! ...and a question!

HA!!! Just had my first 'catch' with my 3 month old! He woke from a nap, was fussy so I stripped him and held him over the toilet and he went ! I was first interested in EC because DS2 loves being naked and I wanted to let him without worrying about my bed or carpet..lol! He is currently sitting in his bouncer on a strip of fleece and a prefold...I am still learning. I had three misses but that is part of learning. Still deciding whether or not I'm gonna do so full time or not; probably not for a while, but thinking about easing into full time over the next few weeks/months.

Now for the question: How long does it take for infants to learn the cues? and does there need to be a different one for pees and for poops?

Advertisement

lea*enchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeah!!! ...and a question!

Sounds like you got off to a great start! Misses are normal for EC. Even full time EC'd babies have misses. And misses can help you learn when your LO has to go, too! There doesn't really have to be a different cue for pee and poo, though I did differentiate. For pee I did "pss" and for poo I did the blow raspberries thing. I taught my daughter how to sign for "potty" too and that was for both pee and poo. She sometimes got them mixed up anyway but it still helped. Every baby is different but I think most of them catch on pretty quickly. I started with my daughter when she was 3 months and it didn't take long at all for her to associate "pss" with peeing. Also, some babies will cue you - you just have to learn those cues. Hopefully your LO will cue you
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote