Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 14-21

Melissa!!! That is so exciting!!!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Melissa: Fantastic news!!! 7 dpo is too early for a BFP!! I have a good feeling for you!!!

Ncflanagan: Could you go see an OB in the interim for extra u/s? I would be very nervous waiting 5 weeks too. I used to be so anti u/s but after having a miscarriage, I have changed my tune and know I'm going to be needing a lot to get me through another pregnancy.

AFM: I spoke to my RE today. Good news and bad news. Good news: He was happy with my response to femara and thinks we should stick with it for the next couple cycles - should we need to keep trying. So I am happy not to have to jump into injectibles right now. Bad news: As far as DH's count going down, he said we are now on the border of who can be successful with IUI. He thinks we should def do another IUI cycle if I'm not pregnant. But if DH's count keeps going down, we are going to have to do IVF. He said def do 2 more IUI, maybe 2 and we'll see. DH has seen a urologist but he didn't do much so he is going to go see the urologist at the fertility clinic. I think the urologist asked him to do a blood panel but we found out I was pregnant (with the baby I lost) so he didn't end up doing them. So I'm guessing he will have to do them. Our insurance changes in a couple weeks so we need to hurry up and do this stuff while it's covered. Diagnostics with the RE are covered under our current insurance but this dr won't be on our new insurance. Not a huge deal though considering no infertility treatments were covered anyway.

Does anyone on here have Kaiser insurance? We might be switching to them. I think they might cover IUI but they have a long wait to get into their fertility clinics and I'm not sure the quality of care is as good. They don't cover IVF either though.

Cindy
Old 08-16-2011, 05:25 AM   #13
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Oh, Melissa, that's fantastic news! Prayers and for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFlanagan View Post

Stupid question, forgive me - I've seen people taking baby aspirin. Why?
Not a stupid question I, and several other ladies here, have inherited (such as Factor V Leiden) and/or autoimmune conditions (in my case, antiphospholipid syndrome) that cause clotting disorders, and if blood clots are allowed to form, the baby can't grow and thrive as he or she should. That's what happened to both of my later-term losses, before I had my diagnosis. A regimen of baby aspirin plus injected heparin is the best known treatment for those conditions. Depending on the severity of the clotting and the mom's medical history overall, some doctors recommend the heparin while ttc and some don't start it until after conception, but for people with our diagnosis the low dose aspirin is pretty much universally used both while ttc and after conception.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #14
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Melissa, such mean husbands! Oh, and Wishing you all the best!!

Noreen, that is a long time to wait.. and I've found that part of the pregnancy to be the most nerve wreaking time for me Try not to worry, though You can always go in to your OB if you decide you need to, right?

Cindy, its a little disheartening about DH but I'm glad the femora is working for you! Hoping you won't need to deal with IVF

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa - Awesome cycle!! Lots of to you!

Noreen - (that sounds so strange since it is my mom's name and I've never known anyone else with it. Actually, it is my DD's middle too. ) Congrats on a good u/s. I can imagine you are nervous. You probably feel like you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm praying this one is a happy ending for you!

Cindy - Well, that is good and bad news. On the IUI v. IVF front...We were told anything lower than 5 mil was pointless for IUI. My husband has 2 mil on a good day, which is why we went straight to IVF. I really hope you don't need to.

Also, I have had Kaiser. As far as I can remember, they do cover some IUI and other stuff (not IVF). I know Kaiser has a bad rep, but I have had really good experiences with them. I grew up with them and had them some as an adult also. (They treated my dad for his entire cancer and really were wonderful to him and approved several unconventional treatments and tests. They really went the distance for him.) I did not use them for any of our IF treatments. But, we did have an FET while with them. (Actually, we had 2. One ended in m/c) I was able to use them for some of the tests, especially the betas and u/s after the transfers. I would just call my OB and ask him to order it and then go to Kaiser to get it done. The thing to remember is for Kaiser to pay for it, a Kaiser dr. has to order it. So, you can't take your order from your RE to them, but you can call your OB and ask him to order a beta or go in and see him for an u/s. They were very on top of things when I was with them for my twins. (For the first 20wks) One annoying thing is though, for OB's, you don't really know who you will end up with. They have tons of drs. and any one of them could be on call when you deliver. You get who you get. But, like I said, we have had great experiences with them. (But, pay attention to their administrative side of things. They don't have it all together over there. You have to know your coverage and pay attention. )

AFM - Thanks everyone for the input and well wish for my lovely AF's visit. She is on her way out and I'm happy to be onto the next month.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 08-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Heather: Thanks so much for the Kaiser run down! The feedback from my friends with it is that they too are happy with the doctors but to expect annoyance on the administrative side. It's great to get some feedback from someone w/IF though.

Why the heck aren't my HPTs getting lighter??? Tonight is 8 days past trigger and the line is still decently dark. As dark as a few days ago and almost as dark as the day after the trigger. The wishful thinking part of me says oh maybe my body is producing it's own hcg now so it's not getting lighter...but the rational side says NO - today is only 6 or 7 dpo so that's not really possible. Perhaps I'm just a slow metabolizer of HCG.

Cindy
Old 08-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Forgot to ask -Rebecca - how is the cleanse going?? I'm drinking a huge green juice right now - and eating brie and crackers. LOL.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fingers crossed for all of you! Things are sounding pretty positive~!

Just got the call from my RE's office that I've been waiting for....They had me do CD3 blood work...FSH, Prolactin, TSH, AMH and Estrogen. All of them came back great! I was so worried that they would call and tell me my ovaries sucked.....At least I feel that it will be a more positive cycle should we need to do one in Sept.

Our plan for now, which DH is very happy about is to BD every other day...I did 200 mg. of soy CD 3-7 and I am on CD 10 right now....vacation is going to be fun, fun, funnnnnnn!

Have a good rest of the day all...I'm trying to get things ready to go and I have my first appointment to donate plasma tonight...
Old 08-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz*RN*BSN View Post
Well I am back. We were out of town forever but I am glad to be back home.
We are adding Metformin to the Lovenox, Baby Aspirin and Endometrin. I feel like I am taking an entire pharmacy of meds... Think I just ovulated but I have not been temping so not sure when exactly.

Cycles TTC another: Over a year
welcome back liz. Really hope that things are on the up swing for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo View Post
Dewberri: I'm going to be where you are starting Wednesday. Luckily, DH's trip gets him back home on Sunday instead of Tuesday, but still... It's going to be a long few days without him, especially during the 2WW.

AFM: I'm 4dp3dt and got another BFN today. My embies should be starting the implantation process around now and tomorrow. I got the call from my RE this afternoon and we have 5 frozen blasts! Totally unexpected since we've only made it to blast once. My RE said if those 5 were this good, the ones I'm carrying around will most likely be strong too. This is our best cycle, embryo-wise, so far. Did I mention:
thats awesome!!!! SO exciting for you guys. Hopefully your three will be sticky beans and you will be bearing a baby bump before you know it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFlanagan View Post
Melissa: That's awesome news - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Stupid question, forgive me - I've seen people taking baby aspirin. Why?

As for me, I'll be 7 weeks on Wednesday. I had an U/S last Tuesday, and I measured exactly on date and we saw a little heart beat on the screen. While this should make me happy, it just makes me more nervous. I don't go back to see my midwife until Sept 21st, when I will be 12 weeks. That's soooooooo ling from now!
Praying for peace for your heart. I can only imagine the hard part about being excited yet nervous all at the same time. Hoping the next few weeks fly by and your beautiful baby is growing healthy and strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Heather: Thanks so much for the Kaiser run down! The feedback from my friends with it is that they too are happy with the doctors but to expect annoyance on the administrative side. It's great to get some feedback from someone w/IF though.

Why the heck aren't my HPTs getting lighter??? Tonight is 8 days past trigger and the line is still decently dark. As dark as a few days ago and almost as dark as the day after the trigger. The wishful thinking part of me says oh maybe my body is producing it's own hcg now so it's not getting lighter...but the rational side says NO - today is only 6 or 7 dpo so that's not really possible. Perhaps I'm just a slow metabolizer of HCG.

Cindy
Mine were neon for the first week as well.... then by 8-10dpt I finally got a negative. I stopped testing after 6 days post trigger so don't really know when they started going down.

AFM: just waiting patiently to test...... i am probably 6dpoish today so really itching to test but going to try to refrain until friday or sat if I can hold out until then!!! my sons starts his first day of school tomorrow and I was a bit nervous for him. He is such a sweet heart and such a good kid but with his brain injury and speech delay I am scared that he will be mis-understood..... his teacher is amazing and was so awesome today and really helped me feel so much better. So that was good and I will be busy busy.
I have been busy trying to get together a food storage supply and buy a water filter in case of emergencies..... wow there are a lot of options and so much to think about!!! I had no idea!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Forgot to ask -Rebecca - how is the cleanse going?? I'm drinking a huge green juice right now - and eating brie and crackers. LOL.
Hahahaha! Good work Cindy The cleanse is going pretty good- my husband loves it, but I had a rough day yesterday- being home is tough. I did better today while I was at work.

Heather and Cindy-
We have Kaiser (actually only my DH) but I will likely start on it in December. I'm not sure what it will actually do for us... we will probably need IVF, but I'd be interested in comparing costs at least. As you probably remember, my DH's numbers were really low also. The RE said they prefer to do IUI with at least 10 mil, but they did do a couple with us that were significantly low- 2 mil or less... no success though. Cindy- how much do IUI's cost in total for you with medications? Ours were less than $300 without medication. I know you asked before- but just wanted to clarify that ours were nonmedicated. We are also in Southern CA. I think you are north though right? Looks like I might be dealing with Kaiser along with you Cindy- though my experience so far has been FANTASTIC! They treated DH for testicular cancer- and the facilities, doctors, nurses were fantastic! Also- I love how much they do online. That makes them much more accessible for questions, etc.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote