Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #21
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 14-21

Rebecca: The HR lady at my husband's firm is checking about infertility stuff and getting back to me. I have no idea what kind of variation in plans there are for kaiser. I'm sure mine won't end up covering anything, of course. We paid $850 for our IUI cycle (u/s, office visit for u/s, sperm stuff and actual procedure). That did not include any medications. Big difference b/w mine and yours! Is yours partially covered bc insurance? Mine is not covered at all. I'd be surprised if there was that much of a price dif. b/w northern and southern ca! I guess I am feeling better about kaiser after hearing how much people do like their doctors - especially knowing you went through such a major thing and have good things to say. Our non kaiser plans we have to choose from are high deductible and we would have to pay 20% out of pocket for outpatient surgery, emergency room visits and birth!!! My D&C was $11,000 - outpatient at the hospital. I paid a $25 copay with out current insurance. But the new PPO insurance would be a $2500 deductible and then 20% of the remaining $11k! Can you imagine??? I guess I'd rather have kaiser than have to potentially pay 10k out of pocket per year for our family. I'm just pissed bc DH asked them repeatedly to show him the plans before he took the job and the woman walked him through 1 that sounded similar to what we have - but left out the having to pay 20% out of pocket for those major things part. ARGH! Oh well, I can't complain too much bc at least we will have health insurance. Many people can't say the same. Glad the cleanse is going well! It is tough to be home around temptation.

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
NCFlanagan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
You probably feel like you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
This. Totally. I'm sure in my brain that I'll lose this one, too. The only thing that I don't know is when... what a horrible way to feel, I know - but I just can't shake it.

Ardenne: Thanks for the info. We didn't have bloodwork done after the last loss because we have a healthy child together already. I'm wondering if I can ask about that when I see my midwife in Sept. Would baby aspirin hurt if I just took it anyway?

Susan: My DH would LOVE to BD every other day.... I'm just too tired!
NCFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #23
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Sorry if I miss names, this is my first time doing this from my new phone

NCflanagan, Hope you are able to find some peace and this pregnancy is a nice, long, 9 months with no complications!

Melissa, sounds so promising! Can't wait to hear how many of your embryos implant, I know it will be at least one, this is your cycle!

Got my blood taken today, I am DONE with gluten, YAY! I should get the results back in about a week. The bad part about requesting extra tests, they just kept grabbing vials to fill, LOL. Good thing I'm not squeamish about needles. The lab lady stuck me no problem, which is great since I have tiny veins.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFlanagan View Post

Ardenne: Thanks for the info. We didn't have bloodwork done after the last loss because we have a healthy child together already. I'm wondering if I can ask about that when I see my midwife in Sept. Would baby aspirin hurt if I just took it anyway?
You're welcome! Ask your OB to be sure, but I think that aspirin actually *increases* the risk of m/c if there isn't a blood clotting disorder, so I definitely wouldn't do that without checking. You might want to ask about testing, but while some clotting-disorder tests (the genetic ones, at least) could be done while you're pregnant, I think others (like the ones for APS) would have their results too skewed to be useful. But by all means talk to your doctor -- she might have some insights that I don't
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The one thing I really miss about Kaiser is their online stuff. I loved being able to get my labs online and to email my dr. (Really his nurse, but I had access to him through her and my computer.) I often had my lab results back before they were able to call me and I could find out. That was awesome with betas because I hate waiting for those! Plus, I really prefer to find out on my own rather than have them tell me. (Like when I m/c'd. I was glad to be able to react to the decreasing beta without the dr. or nurse there.) It is a wonderful feature of Kaiser.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #26
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

That's good to know. That is one thing I love about my OB's office. Fast, online lab results and contact w/my dr online. I was sad about the idea of leaving that. So glad I won't have to! Also, my friend told me she was able to e-mail her GP to get referrals to other docs without having to come in.

NC: I know you don't want to get emotionally invested in this pregnancy or get your hopes up but I wonder if you should try and change your thinking about just waiting to miscarry. I was so afraid I'd miscarry my last pregnancy (and I did) that I almost wonder if I didn't will it into happening. I knew the odds of miscarriage were higher for someone with diminished ovarian reserve, but that's all I knew. I'd never lost a baby before. I just convinced myself it might happen. And it did. When I am pregnant again, I am going to try my darndest not to think like that. Even if it means repeating a positive mantra to make myself try and believe it.

Cindy
Old 08-17-2011, 05:56 AM   #27
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Wow, getting test results online and being able to communicate with doctors online sounds absolutely wonderful I wish my doctor's office did that!

AF is 4 days late now. I guess I may blow another test today, though it seems pointless at this point. On the up side though, I've been realizing this morning just how grateful I am for hpts -- if this had happened to me and I couldn't test, I'd be sure I was pregnant again, and then when AF did arrive I'd have interpreted it as another loss. At least this way I know my body is just totally screwed up; it's frustrating, but far easier to deal with emotionally than another loss.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #28
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
Sorry if I miss names, this is my first time doing this from my new phone

NCflanagan, Hope you are able to find some peace and this pregnancy is a nice, long, 9 months with no complications!

Melissa, sounds so promising! Can't wait to hear how many of your embryos implant, I know it will be at least one, this is your cycle!

Got my blood taken today, I am DONE with gluten, YAY! I should get the results back in about a week. The bad part about requesting extra tests, they just kept grabbing vials to fill, LOL. Good thing I'm not squeamish about needles. The lab lady stuck me no problem, which is great since I have tiny veins.
YAY! Glad you are done with the Gluten. I know it was making you miserable!

AFM: Nothing new to report. I just took the last pill of my Provera today so now to just wait for AF to arrive. My OBGYN appt is on Monday so I am hoping AF doesnt start before Saturday ( so that I am not past CD 3 when I go to OB appt). Feeling positive about this cycle and hoping every thing works out!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #29
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Susan, sounds like you are going to have a blast Good luck!

Ardene,

My updated info:
Screen Name: Dewberri
Age (DH): 26 (26)
Current Children and age: DD 2 yrs
Lost Children and dates: Dec. 2010 (6 wks); June 2011 (11wks)
Next appointment: We're going to hold of on any chromosomal or genetic testing for now. But I'm planning to get my lab draws for all the other stuff on Sept 1...
Cycles TTC another: We have no issues conceiving... just carrying healthy pregnancies

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm lurking and cheering all of you on (with the odd shout out when I get really moved). I just have no laptop right now and replying on my phone sucks. I am so glad to have all you ladies. Knowing I'm not alone in this journey is so sad and yet comforting at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote