Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat 8/15-8/21

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Their reasoning is "just in case." The same thing happened when I was pg with DS and had spotting. They had me come in and get my bloodwork done and had a RhoGam and then an ultrasound. We shall see. Maybe the Dr. will change his mind when I get there at 3:00(I just talked to the nurse earlier). I think that with this not being a first pg they want to make sure that my body isn't fighting off baby.

We aren't telling anyone yet either. We just had one of DHs cousins announce her pg and then 2 wks later (just 2 weeks ago) had a MC. I don't think that right now is the right time for us to announce it. Plus, we just like the secret. We are keeping baby to ourselves while we can. We have been having fun with it. I think that there are people(our mothers) that really think that I'm pg, but won't ask. It's just fun to torment people...Yes, we are that mean A few days ago MIL asked DH if he had any big news to share. So hubby told her Yeah, actually....we put rock in the landscaping! She gave him such a death look Tomorrow the kids and I are going to stay with my mom who lives about 2 hours away while DH is working nights, so this shall be interesting if I feel as crummy as I do today.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Howdy y'all! First let me say that I second the Shark mop!

So, it sounds like everyone is doing ok so far! My tired has started kicking in too, but I still don't always *feel* pregnant like I did with DS. My boobs are still small and feeling fine (lol) and the cramps are mostly gone. I do smell things that sometimes make me a little ill (like that old lady who smelled like an ashtray and got in my face while DS and I were waiting in line at the store today - I almost lost my cookies and there was nowhere to BACK AWAY to! She wanted to touch/talk to DS who I was holding - it was awful!)

A little bad news... I called some local midwives and birthing centers today, but they won't take me because of a chronic health problem (boo! it didn't cause any issues during my first!). On a good note, I found a nice OB who specializes in both high risk pregnancies and alternative birthing methods Hopefully I'll like her and she'll be more supportive than my last OB.

Hope you all are having a super day
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Back from my appointment...The Dr. decided not to do the RhoGam, but did get my bloodwork done. I tried to schedule my 48 hour blood draw, but got fed up with people not knowing what to do. While in the appointment the Dr told me that I wouldn't hear from him until after he had both sets of results back and to make sure that the appointment wasn't until later Wed. afternoon, or Thurs. morning...I did the blood draw and then tried to schedule the 48 hour, but was told I had to call and schedule. Okay, that's fine. I get home and try to find the number to schedule it and didn't see a specific number to call, so I called the main number and asked to be transferred to schedule bloodwork. I was then transferred to the lab who told me they don't schedule appoinments, that I need to talk to my Dr about setting up an appointment. I then explain what's going on and they transfer me to Ob/Gyn. I then explain to random nurse on the phone whats going on and she wants to transfer me back to the labs to set up the appointmentm! I then try and re-explain what is going on with me and what the lab told me and she then tells me to wait on a call from the Dr. tomorrow...All of that to say, I may or maynot recieve a call tomorrow to set up a 48 hour appoinment. Why does no one know what's going on?!
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, that is seriously annoying!!!! One thing about when I had Kaiser, they at least knew what was going on even tho everything about them pretty much sucked otherwise.

Hope you get some answers soon!

So, hope this isn't to invasive, but has all your spotting/bleeding stopped? Mine was Friday morning, then was really nothing for the rest of the day and into saturday. Then I had (TMI warning) what looked like CM but was dark, dark brown. One little string and nothing since. Not sure what to think. I have cramps but they are SO dull, just there like uterus stretching, get pains under my boobs/rib area, and my back hurts like heck. Nothing like what the Midwife said I would feel like if there were a problem.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

My spotting was light pink on Sat. morning for a few hours then turned to a brown spotting. It looked like the end of my AF. That lasted until I went to bed, then nothing Sunday. This morning there was some more of the same brown spotting for a couple hours, so I called to double check and let them know so it was in my file and that's when they decided to have me come in. It has stopped for now, so it doesn't seem to be anything. I am only 17 DPO, so still pretty early that it could just be my body adjusting.
I must have harrassed enough people that they called back like 10 minutes after I was off the phone with them Does anyone know about Beta numbers to let me know what 780 means? I didn't get to the phone on time (DD was needing me in the bathroom) so they just left me a message of what it was and that they scheduled me for my next appointment.
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any spotting but a friend of mine had quite a bit during her last pregnancy. The doctor said it was just 'leftovers' from her last period. It stopped and she now has a healthy baby girl. Another friend also had quite a bit of spotting and her baby was fine. I think really red blood is bad but I'm no expert.

I don't have a lot of symptoms yet but a few. No nausea, no sore boobs, a little cramping, some round ligament pain and stretching feeling in the uterus area (feels like I did an intense ab workout even though I didn't!) Oh and did i mention no energy and quite tired?! Other than that, I feel pretty good. I have some heartburn at night after I take my prenatal vitamin and my prenatal Omegas pill. 2 tums fixes that!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, this is probably more of a question for a nurse or midwife but here goes. I can't stop taking HPT! I have to know that everything is okay. I still have nausea and am exhausted, my emotions are all over the place. These are all tell tell signs for me. I just can't get over the need for confirmation. SO, if something were wrong how long would the HCG stay in my system? The tests are blaring positive, even the $1 store ones that never work for me. I am becoming a crazy person!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #19
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good morning lady's I'm going to join you since I took my test this morning. BFP I mean BIG. That line was pink as soon as the pee hit it. LOL. I'll try and read to catch up.

Oh and for the record I am never up this early I only am today cause I couldn't go back to sleep after getting that positive. Lol

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.

Last edited by susie190; 08-16-2011 at 06:45 AM.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #20
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Krisha!!!